Zordak [DEMO UPDATED! 2020-11-28] [WINDOWS/LINUX]

Apapappa

Devlog - 65

Only text this time as well because of time issues.

Changes:

ANY OS:
- Added a new menu: "Gallery" with the sub menus "Unlockable Art" and "Fan Art".

"Unlockable Art" - In here you can view images unlocked by completing achievements.
"Fan Art" - Name is self explanatory.

The "Unlockable Art" menu was always planned to be added but the "Fan Art" one I just thought would be nice to have in there as well so therefore it has been added.
So if you draw or create anything based on Zordak (has to be an image) and you want it to be shown in game then there's a decent chance that I'll add it.

- Added a bunch of images as "Unlockable Art" for completing the "Fresh Air", "Exterminator" and "Escape Artist" achievements.
More will be added later.

- Improved player suit running animation a little bit.
- Fixed credits menu back button display issue.
- Fixed weapon selection icon getting stuck on screen when pausing.

------------------------------------------

Did not get much done this week but I think this small demo update is now pretty much ready so hopefully it will be out next week.
You can check the previous devlog for more fixes included in this upcoming update.

I'll be taking another look at Linux this week to see if I can improve a few things related to launching the game, but we'll see if it works out or not.

Anyway, that's it for now.

Links:
Patreon
Discord Community

Apapappa

Devlog - 66

The demo has been updated.

Changes:
Check my previous devlogs (64 and 65) for changes lists as nothing has really changed this week.
Most notable changes are: controller improvements, unlockable art / gallery additions, balancing, fixes and a new secret.

ANY OS:
- Added more fan art to the gallery.

-- Linux stuff:
This week I was planning to make running the game on Linux smoother, unfortunately I got nothing but issues so it's still the same install procedure.
I was also going to try running the game on a few more distros but only had issues there as well so I'm going to have to stick with testing on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS only as this is too time consuming.
So I'm sorry but I think it's going to have to stay this way for now.
--

Anyway, that's it.
Let me know if you find any new issues.
This will probably be the last demo update for quite some time unless there are major issues in this version.

Links:
Patreon
Discord Community

Apapappa

Devlog - 67

(same gif again, new stuff soon)

The demo has been updated. (again)

Changes:

ANY OS:
- The oxygen meter text now changes color based on how much is left or if it's draining: Yellow to Red if draining otherwise White.
- Removed the "health and oxygen refilled" part of the game saved message.
- Scaled the player death text down for better localization support.
- The background for area names on the fullscreen map now stretches separately based on text length. (better for localization)
- Updated the gallery menu button description stating that images may contain game spoilers.
- Tweaked a certain upgrade a bit.
- Reduced ShellBomber and O.R.B enemy health a bit.
- Updated some old rooms.
- Cleaned up the "en" localization file, removing a bunch of unused stuff.

- Fixed pausing the game with the keypad open leads to visual issues on the fullscreen map.
- Fixed two flyer enemies flying straight towards each other and collide causing them to get stuck in place.
- Supposedly fixed item collection percentage going over 100%.
- Fixed preservatory tile issues.
- Fixed gallery image selected not being reset to the first one when leaving the menu.
- Fixed unlockable art unlock status not being reset when switching save file.
- Fixed achievement system not actually fully using the localization system for text.

Apparently there were some semi-big issues in the previous version so I had to update once again.
So once again, this will probably be the last demo update for a while unless there are other big issues with this one.

-- Regarding the repeating audio bug:
I can't seem to make this one happen.
I have seen it happen on videos so I know it's there but I'm not sure how to fix it without being able to reproduce it.
So it's still going to be there in this version.
--

Links:
Patreon
Discord Community

Apapappa

Devlog - 68

(maybe not the most interesting gif but at least it's new)

Changes:

ANY OS:
- Added missing font character: '
- Added a more standardized font as an option.

- The "Large Font" option is now just called "Font" and allows you to cycle through game font options.
- All text drawing now has a black outline when using the standardized font, this will help it stand out on any background color.
- Permanently disabled the old HUD as the new one seems stable enough.
- Moved misc HUD elements around a bit.
- Updated misc rooms.

- Fixed toxic gas HUD icon not taking text length into account.
- Fixed misc Door vs Projectile collision issues.
- Fixed misc Player projectile collision issues.
- Fixed misc charge beam issues.
- Fixed time played being displayed as "time player".
- Fixed demo version text background not scaling based on text length.
- Fixed cryotank display using the same font as set in the options, it should always have used the normal game font.

Did not get to spend much time at my computer this week and the time I had was mostly spent looking through fonts trying to find one that works.
I went through every single font available to choose from within GMS and only a single one seemed to be small enough to work that didn't have some weird offset issues.
So that one is now the "Standardized" font option in the game, some localization options will likely require the use of this font.

Next week I'm hoping to get back to room creation, I've spent way too much time changing / fixing things for a while now.
One of my hard drives started failing recently (luckily before black friday) so I got a new one.
And I haven't reinstalled windows in a while so I'll be doing that next week as well to clean up a bit, hopefully that won't take more than a day at most.
I guess that's all I have to say so until next time.

Links:
Patreon
Discord Community

Apapappa

Devlog - 69

Changes:

ANY OS:
- Added community translation: French. (this will help me find various UI issues with localization)
- Added a new room. (took a long time to finish as I'm currently working on a very tile heavy area)
- Added some new tile graphics.
- Added a new interactable tile type.
- Added a new "Other Supporters" category to the credits and an entry to that category.

- Updated misc old rooms.
- Updated localization files.

- Fixed misc interactable tile collision issues.
- Fixed "standardized" font not using the full range. (éëáó etc)
- Fixed credits scroll position not resetting when leaving the menu.
- Fixed an issue with destructible tile chain reactions.
- Fixed a map issue with a certain room.

So, I didn't feel like I had enough content to post a devlog last week and this one is not going to be very long either for the reasons below:
The current plan is to only create rooms and things relevant to those rooms for a while in attempt to help me focus more on the game.
So devlogs will probably be pretty short for the foreseeable future and new gifs will not be very frequent as they are very time consuming to make.
Screenshots are obviously easier to include though so there will probably be more of those in the future instead.
So yeah, just thought I'd let you all know this in advance.

Links:
Patreon
Discord Community

Apapappa

Hey everyone, sorry for being so silent for a while.

I took some time off for the holidays and it spiraled into me working on my side project, which is now becoming more of a real thing and not just an idea.
And I think this is probably a good thing for me as I really need something to change in my life, it's just very tiring working on the same thing every day.
So, I've given myself until the end of January to get this side project to a playable state (or at least close to) and then we'll see if it feels like the game could become good.

So this means Zordak will get less time for the time being, I'll still be working on it but every other week or something like that instead so I can hopefully keep both projects going without much interruption.
I understand this might seem like bad news for some of you but this is what I've decided upon so it is what it is.
This side project is something I've always wanted to do and I think it's a good time to try and get it going as the new year begins.

I'll probably be putting out some more info about the project at some point during this month but for now I'll just say this:
It will be an old school Doom-like FPS, if you know my jam game Y.A.W (https://apapappa.itch.io/yaw) then it will be like that but more advanced with completely different graphics and somewhat of a story.

Anyway, that's all I got for an update, I'll be trying to get some work done on Zordak for next week and get a new devlog out.

Apapappa

Devlog - 70

Changes:

ANY OS:
- Added new rooms.
- Added a new upgrade.
- Added a new interactable tile type.
- Added a new mechanic.

- Tweaked an old upgrade a bit.
- Updated misc old rooms.

- Fixed 4 bugs/issues.

I got more done than I thought I would considering the time spent this week, so that's good.

Making some good progress on the side project as well, going to get started on a simple level editor soon so I can make some testing levels, and then I can start testing some basic gameplay to get the correct feel for everything, but more on that later.

So that's it for this one, next one might be two weeks from now or maybe next week, depends on how much I get done.

Links:
Patreon
Discord Community

Apapappa

Status Update + Side Project Progress Showcase

Hey everyone.
Not much has really happened regarding Zordak since the last devlog, I've added a room and tweaked some stuff but that's about it.
I just wanted to focus a lot on the side project to get it into a playable state before the end of January.

So, here's a video showcasing the current progress of the project:

Obviously, I'm using pretty much all placeholders until I can get the gameplay sorted out.
I'll be creating my own textures, sounds, music and all that once the engine is pretty much done and I can get started on the actual game.
So far this is turning out quite well so I'll very likely continue making this for the forseeable future, alongside Zordak of course.
Also, some lag made it into the video since nothing has really been optimized yet so this will be improved later.

So now that I've gotten a lot done on this side project the plan is to get some work done on Zordak with a devlog likely coming next week.
And then alternate between these two projects for an undecided amount of time in order to try and make some progress on them both.
That's it for this progress update, not sure if I'll be posting any more any time soon, regarding the side project that is, Zordak updates will come soon, I just wanted to show that I'm actually doing something.

Links:
Patreon
Discord Community

ReidDC

What theme will you be going with do you think? With the side project I mean. Doom? Or something like Heretic? Either way it looks like you have a solid foundation, please keep it up!

Apapappa

What theme will you be going with do you think? With the side project I mean. Doom? Or something like Heretic? Either way it looks like you have a solid foundation, please keep it up!
It will probably be very similar to Doom in terms of gameplay / graphics style, I have plans for somewhat of a story and some influences from the game - Condemned: Criminal Origins, but not sure how much of that will make it in, it depends on what I deem doable in a reasonable timeframe.
This is all assuming I can manage to pull off more "realistic" sprites than I usually do, the plan is to try and use real life photos a lot, even for enemies, but we'll see how that turns out, worst case I'll just sprite everything and it won't look as "realistic".
And this is currently just focused on the gameplay / feel portion of the project + getting the engine set up, so things will change later on and there's still a lot missing as well.

Joe Ellis

Oh my god I love your fps game. It looks way more fun to play than doom, so that's gonna be a massive quality of the game. Once it's got original graphics, it'll be it's own game, and I already wanna play it cus it just looks so satisfying to shoot all the enemies and they all die really satisfyingly\quickly haha. But then as the game gets harder I can see it being really addictive still, cus you wanna slay all the enemies like you did on the first level. The first level is always a huge element of the game in a first person shooter if you ask me. Like Duke Nukem, Rise of the Triad, Witchaven, Tekwar, Quake, and Doom. They always have this "first level" vibe and an epic first level song to go with it. I love the idea of using photos of people for the characters, I think that's what they did on rise of the triad and tekwar, cus on the credits of rott each enemy had a name like "Lightning Guard - Dan Peterson"
I think it's a good idea to focus on gameplay and feel first and do the graphics after, cus I would literally play this game if all the enemies were tellytubbies.
Also, if you're thinking of doing more realistic graphics, like using photos, remember you have the power to mix these with your skill for pixel art. I think that's what a lot of the graphics on duke nukem were like, you can tell with some things that they were made from a photo but then touched up pixel-ly. Oh and the weapons on doom were like that, they bought a load of toy guns from an actual toy store. And some of the enemies were modelled out of clay and photographed, like the baron of hell.

Zizka

Just read through the 6 pages.

I want to be sincere: I salute your consistency, hard work and perseverance. Truly inspiring. Truly. One of the gem projects here.

I wouldn’t recommend tackling two projects at once unless you have to.

Zordak has *a lot* of potential. Customers will want this game too, it’s not a niche thing. I hope you keep sticking to it, to see this turn unto vapourware would be tragic.

Get on Early Access if you need money. You should get a fair bit with a game like this not to mention tons of feedback.

I also appreciate your kindness and consideration when getting feedback.

One thing, I would really, really, really, really recommend putting your animations as transparent gifs (hosted on imgur for example). I’d love to give feedback or provide edits but then I’d need to download the game, rip the art etc... it just too tedious.

I’ve had ideas about the animations and could add a couple of frames here and there but you’d make my life a whole lot easier by making them readily available.

Keep it up, it’ll all be worthwhile in the end!

Apapappa

Just posting to say that I really love both Zordak and your Doom-like side project. That's a pretty nice looking 3D map editor too.
Hey, thanks, glad you like them. ^^

Oh my god I love your fps game. It looks way more fun to play than doom, so that's gonna be a massive quality of the game. Once it's got original graphics, it'll be it's own game, and I already wanna play it cus it just looks so satisfying to shoot all the enemies and they all die really satisfyingly\quickly haha. But then as the game gets harder I can see it being really addictive still, cus you wanna slay all the enemies like you did on the first level. The first level is always a huge element of the game in a first person shooter if you ask me. Like Duke Nukem, Rise of the Triad, Witchaven, Tekwar, Quake, and Doom. They always have this "first level" vibe and an epic first level song to go with it. I love the idea of using photos of people for the characters, I think that's what they did on rise of the triad and tekwar, cus on the credits of rott each enemy had a name like "Lightning Guard - Dan Peterson"
I think it's a good idea to focus on gameplay and feel first and do the graphics after, cus I would literally play this game if all the enemies were tellytubbies.
Also, if you're thinking of doing more realistic graphics, like using photos, remember you have the power to mix these with your skill for pixel art. I think that's what a lot of the graphics on duke nukem were like, you can tell with some things that they were made from a photo but then touched up pixel-ly. Oh and the weapons on doom were like that, they bought a load of toy guns from an actual toy store. And some of the enemies were modelled out of clay and photographed, like the baron of hell.
Thanks man, definitely appreciate it.
As you probably know, I'm all about game feel and atmosphere so I'm happy it looks satisfying even when it's pretty much just a testing version, atmosphere is not quite there yet though but it will come later with audio triggers and more effects for example.
This is just a testing level and won't be in the game but I know what you mean, and the games you mentioned are in the type of style I will be going for with this one.
Haven't played Rise of the Triad, Witchaven or Tekwar though but I've seen screenshots.
The plan is to at least try and use pictures of IRL friends as the base for characters and go out and take pictures of walls, concrete, grass, whatever and use them for textures.
They will be heavily scaled down though and touched up pixel wise as you mentioned.
If that doesn't work out then I'll just go with a less "realistic" style and pixel it all.
I'll likely have to use google for weapon bases and pixel them as buying a bunch of things is not really in the budget here.

So the great thing about the way I'm making this engine is that everything is externally loaded, enemies, props, items, player weapons and attributes, everything.
That means that if I want to make another FPS game in this style I can "just" build new levels, make new graphics, define new enemies etc without having to redo everything.
Like, this is the "Pinky" enemy for example:
Code:
[ATTRIBUTES]
DAMAGE="15"
GIB_TEXTURE="GIB"
GIB_NUMBER="32"
GIB_FRAMES="3"
DEATH_PARTICLE_TEXTURE="FIREBALL"
DEATH_PARTICLE_NUMBER="4"
[CHANCE]
ATTACK="100"
[ANIMATION_SPEED]
ROAM="8"
ATTACK="6"
[PHYS]
SPEED="0.065"
ZHEIGHT="1.75"
[SOUND]
HURT_0="AI_PAIN0"
DEATH_0="PINKY_DEATH0"
ATTACK_0="PINKY_ATTACK0"
ALERT_0="PINKY_ALERT0"
Adding a file named "enemy_name.ini" in the AI data folder, "PINKY.ini" in this case, will allow you to place it in the editor and then it behaves like the ones in the demo video.
There are a lot more customizable attributes available to define an enemy but this is all that is needed for the Pinky, the rest is listed in a help file in the AI data folder.
Same goes for props, player, items, etc.
Required textures are loaded from the Textures Data folder and any texture require the same name as the defined game object, PINKY in this case, there will be a help file for this as well.

Some more game object examples:
KEY_RED.ini:
Code:
[ATTRIBUTES]
ItemName="Red Key"
ItemType_0="KEY_RED"
[SOUND]
PICKUP="ItemPickup"
[LIGHT]
LIGHT_FOLLOW="1"
LIGHT_FOLLOW_RANGE="1"
LIGHT_FOLLOW_HUE="0.015"
LIGHT_FOLLOW_INTENSITY="1"
SHOTGUN.ini:
Code:
[ATTRIBUTES]
ItemName="Shotgun"
ItemType_0="WEAPON"
ItemPower_0="0"
ItemSlot_0="2"
ItemType_1="AMMO"
ItemPower_1="10"
ItemSlot_1="2"
[SOUND]
PICKUP="WeaponPickup"
BARREL.ini:
Code:
[ATTRIBUTES]
HEALTH="100"
HEALTH_MAX="100"
EXPLOSION_ON_DEATH_DAMAGE="100"
EXPLOSION_ON_DEATH_RANGE="4"
GIB_TEXTURE=""
GIB_NUMBER="0"
GIB_FRAMES="0"
DEATH_PARTICLE_TEXTURE="FIREBALL"
DEATH_PARTICLE_NUMBER="8"
[ALLOWANCE]
EXPLOSION_ON_DEATH="1"
EXPLOSION_ON_DEATH_SAME_TYPE="1"
EXPLOSION_ON_AI="1"
[ANIMATION_SPEED]
ROAM="12"
DYING="12"
[PHYS]
RADIUS="0.5"
ZHEIGHT="1.5"
[SOUND]
DEATH_0="BARREL_EXPLODE0"
[LIGHT]
LIGHT_ON_DEATH="1"
LIGHT_ON_DEATH_RANGE="8"
LIGHT_ON_DEATH_HUE="0.08"
LIGHT_ON_DEATH_INTENSITY="1"
LIGHT_ON_DEATH_FADE_SPEED="0.01"
LIGHT_FOLLOW="1"
LIGHT_FOLLOW_RANGE="1.5"
LIGHT_FOLLOW_HUE="0.33"
LIGHT_FOLLOW_INTENSITY="1"

Naming conventions might not be the most consistent right now but you get the idea.
I realize you didn't exactly ask for this information but I just thought it might be interesting for anyone reading.

Just read through the 6 pages.

I want to be sincere: I salute your consistency, hard work and perseverance. Truly inspiring. Truly. One of the gem projects here.

I wouldn’t recommend tackling two projects at once unless you have to.

Zordak has *a lot* of potential. Customers will want this game too, it’s not a niche thing. I hope you keep sticking to it, to see this turn unto vapourware would be tragic.

Get on Early Access if you need money. You should get a fair bit with a game like this not to mention tons of feedback.

I also appreciate your kindness and consideration when getting feedback.

One thing, I would really, really, really, really recommend putting your animations as transparent gifs (hosted on imgur for example). I’d love to give feedback or provide edits but then I’d need to download the game, rip the art etc... it just too tedious.

I’ve had ideas about the animations and could add a couple of frames here and there but you’d make my life a whole lot easier by making them readily available.

Keep it up, it’ll all be worthwhile in the end!
I appreciate you taking the time to look through everything, a lot of it is very outdated now though but still, it's there to show progress.
Also definitely appreciate the "praise" so to say, so thanks, I try to do the best I can. ^^

I realize Zordak has potential and I'll be working on it until it is done or until I'm forcefully not able to anymore, whatever reason that may be.

I also realize working on two projects is generally not preferable but consider this:
Do I work on a side project or not work at all because I simply can't handle working on Zordak at that particular time?
Forcing myself to work on Zordak will only make the game worse in my opinion and I want it to be as good as I can make it.

This is not really ready for any kind of early access and to be honest, I'm not much of a fan of early access at all, but I understand what you mean, we'll see what happens in the future.

Okay, this is probably going to sound a bit weird but.. I don't really have the animations in animated GIF form.
I work on sprite sheets so I don't actually see the animations in real time when I make them, this is likely why they are a bit off at times.
This is what it looks like for example, same image inside GMS so there's only 1 sprite for the non-suit player:
PlayerV3_temp7.png

And with that being said, I'm not really looking to improve the animations any time soon, they seem good enough for now and I've got a mountain of other things to work on.
And it's not really as simple as "just add a couple of frames" since the animations kind of have a predefined length, like 8 frames for running for example, I *can* add more though but it's not preferable.
But if you have any feedback to give or make edits or something, I will write it down for later.
I am a little bit reluctant on posting the entire sprite sheets on here like this however...

Either way, thanks again for taking the time to look through this entire thing.

Zizka

I meant adding frames as an example, not as the only way to tweak frames of course. I understand what you mean regarding timing and animation length although from my own experience, you could speed up the frame rate on a sequence to make up for extra frames as you are probably well aware of.

I doubt there's a chance for theft honestly. I mean, if someone really wanted the sprites they could just rip them in-game.

I work on sprite sheets so I don't actually see the animations in real time when I make them, this is likely why they are a bit off at times.
Well, this is the first time I've ever heard of making animations without checking the final result as you go along. You probably have a good sense of timing in your head. I find having constantly checking and tweaking animation speed and frames really helps me personally.

Also, having gifs allows people to experience firsthand the result and increase the probability of getting feedback about them and fix them before you have too many frames in and it's too late or time consuming to modify what you've already done so far. With a sprite sheet like this, it's a matter of less than a minute to import it and make a gif. It's really hard to say (for me anyway) to get a feel of an animation with just a sprite sheet. Werther or not you wish to invest time with providing feedback ready animations is up to you of course.

I also realize working on two projects is generally not preferable but consider this:
Do I work on a side project or not work at all because I simply can't handle working on Zordak at that particular time?
Forcing myself to work on Zordak will only make the game worse in my opinion and I want it to be as good as I can make it.
I understand completely, I've been there myself. I guess I'm rooting for this project as often side-projects become main projects and vice-versa. You've put so much effort into this and gone through so much, I really hope you'll see this through as you've said.

Regarding the kick, I think a solution could be to have a more say, convenient kick? I can't find a good quality animation but to give you an idea:

A 'door kicking' kind of animation I find would fit the theme well.

This being said, I relate to having a lot of work left to do and not wanting to focus on tweaking animations at this point in time.

Apapappa

I meant adding frames as an example, not as the only way to tweak frames of course. I understand what you mean regarding timing and animation length although from my own experience, you could speed up the frame rate on a sequence to make up for extra frames as you are probably well aware of.

I doubt there's a chance for theft honestly. I mean, if someone really wanted the sprites they could just rip them in-game.

Well, this is the first time I've ever heard of making animations without checking the final result as you go along. You probably have a good sense of timing in your head. I find having constantly checking and tweaking animation speed and frames really helps me personally.

Also, having gifs allows people to experience firsthand the result and increase the probability of getting feedback about them and fix them before you have too many frames in and it's too late or time consuming to modify what you've already done so far. With a sprite sheet like this, it's a matter of less than a minute to import it and make a gif. It's really hard to say (for me anyway) to get a feel of an animation with just a sprite sheet. Werther or not you wish to invest time with providing feedback ready animations is up to you of course.

I understand completely, I've been there myself. I guess I'm rooting for this project as often side-projects become main projects and vice-versa. You've put so much effort into this and gone through so much, I really hope you'll see this through as you've said.

Regarding the kick, I think a solution could be to have a more say, convenient kick? I can't find a good quality animation but to give you an idea:

A 'door kicking' kind of animation I find would fit the theme well.

This being said, I relate to having a lot of work left to do and not wanting to focus on tweaking animations at this point in time.
Yeah, of course, adding frames is not the only way, I just had to mention it because, well, you mentioned it.
And I forgot to mention this in my previous post but what you see on the sprite sheet there is not necessarily how it animates in game, I may or may not duplicate misc frames in game to make timing feel better, doing it that way means that I won't have to have a bunch of duplicate frames on the sprite sheet.

It's not necessarily all about theft, it is definitely a factor though but yeah, posting the sprite sheets like this is mostly fine I guess.

I do check the animations but not in real time like having a small window constantly animating in the corner for example, I have to put them in game and start up the game to actually see how it looks.
It basically goes like this:
Finish almost entire animation, put it in game, "this doesn't look right", then go back and fix the issues then repeat.
Probably not the best workflow ever but it makes it so I only have to import 1 sprite whenever I change anything on the player instead of importing like 15 from the example sheet I posted, also helps reduce memory usage a bit but that's minor.

The problem with the gif thing is that as mentioned above, the animations in the sprite sheet might not look like that in game as I can set any frame to repeat as many times as I want from code, thus helping with animation timing.
So it's not necessarily just import and export as a gif, it won't look the same timing wise.
Like for example, the "Idle" sprite in the top left has 4 frames on the sprite sheet but in game it uses 10. (first one is multiplied a bunch to help with timing)
So I'm not really sure what to do here to be honest.

And I will be finishing this game unless I'm literally not able to anymore, it will probably take quite a while though depending on motivation.
The side project will stay a side project until this is done then it will likely become the main project if it's still around at that point.

A kick like that would work except for one issue, the only issue really, how would you kick an enemy at your feet if the entire kick is up at around your waist?
I mean this by, how would it make sense to kick an enemy that way, I could of course just add a hitbox but I kinda want it to make some sense.

Right now I can't really afford to work on animations, I need to work on the game world in order to ever finish all rooms, I've still got about 3.5-4 entire areas to make.
I will however note any feedback I get as mentioned previously.

Love the dark atmosphere. I hope you finish this game.
Thanks, glad you like it. :)

Apapappa

Devlog - 71

Changes:

ANY OS:

- Added a bunch of new rooms, finally all rooms in this area now exist in game.

This may not seem like a lot but thanks to the break I took to work on the side project I now managed to add this bunch of rooms in a matter of days which would likely have taken me weeks if I would have attempted it before taking a break.

Hopefully this motivation sticks for a while now and since this area is now "finished" I can get to work on another area and/or some mechanics so it will finally be something different.

As mentioned in a devlog before, I will still be in room creation mode so devlogs will likely stay similar to this for a while as there is not much else to say when just creating and adding rooms.

Links:
Patreon
Discord Community

Apapappa

Devlog - 72

Changes:

ANY OS:
- Added a bunch of rooms, finishing up yet another area.

Things seem to be going good since I somehow managed to finish up another area, it was one of the smaller areas but still.
Next time there won't be any finished areas though since the next one I'm planning to work on is basically untouched so far.
So that's it for this one, hopefully I can keep this going for a while.

Links:
Patreon
Discord Community

Apapappa

Devlog - 73

Changes:

ANY OS:
- Added another bunch of rooms, finishing up about one third of another area.
- Added a new mechanic.
- Tweaked an enemy a bit.
- Added some new tiles.
- Updated some old rooms.
- Reduced the bloom graphical effect intensity by about 50%, no idea how I didn't notice it being a bit too much until now.

Things still seem to be going good, it's real nice seeing my internal game map fill up with completed rooms, reminds you that working on this isn't endless after all.
So let's hope this continues and I'll see you next time.

Links:
Patreon
Discord Community

Apapappa

Devlog - 74

Changes:

ANY OS:
- Added a few rooms.
- Added some new tiles.

Another short one this time, I got a bit distracted so did not get as much done as the last few weeks but it's still progress so I can't complain.
Not much else to say here other than I'll continue working on new rooms for the foreseeable future.

Links:
Patreon
Discord Community