• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Zoom keyboard shortcuts

H

Hasen

I just downloaded the trial and am thinking about buying the full version for mobile development soon but after just playing around a bit I noticed that the zoom in and out for the sprites shows CMD+, CMD- etc for zoom in and out but they don't seem to do anything at all.

I just tested this on Mac, it works for me, but not with the numpad +/-, need to use the CMD key with the + and - on the main keyboard.

H

Hasen

Is it disabled in the trial or something? I'm not using the numberpad either. I just open a sprite edit window, press CMD and + or - and it does nothing. I can't tell what key exactly it is supposed to be for zoom. All these commands work fine by actually clicking on the buttons with the mouse of course.

H

Hasen

So weird, I found it works with the CMD key on the left but not on the right ?? Is that how it is for you ? Weird since the CMD key on the right is nearer to the + and - keys....and in all my other programs both CMD keys operate the same anyway.

Same here, only the left hand side keys work. Do you have an Apple keyboard? I'm just using a standard PC style keyboard.

I think I reported as a bug, then again I may just have made a forum post in the Release thread.

H

Hasen

Yes I have an official Apple keyboard and only the left CMD key works. And I found it's not just for zoom either, with any of the keyboard shortcuts only the CMD key on the left works. There's no problem with my CMD key on the right since it works in other apps. Several other shortcuts are weird too since they perform default system operations in Mac OS so they don't work in Gamemaker.

I submitted a technical support request regarding this but it's been two days with no reply. Is this software still in general use or has everyone already moved over to Unity? I was thinking about getting it but with the weird bugs and no tech support it is making me have second thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator: