• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX .yyp file un-openable and reduced to 0 bytes.

F

Funerailles

This is the third time in my month and a half of owning GMS2 this has happened, and at this point I'm too far into my project to start from scratch again.

The objects, rooms, etc of the file ARE still intact, but attempting to import them from a fresh room will give me this pop-up: "the external project file cannot be read to import this resource".

Mick

I just updated my GMS2 Resource Importer tool. You should be able to create a new project and add the resources from the old project with that tool. You need to use the Import "Rogue" resources at the bottom left. So you would create a project and in my resource import tool you would select that project as destination. To import objects (as an example) you would click the "Import Resources..." button, browse to the "objects" folder of your old project, select all object folders and then click "Select folder".

F

Funerailles

I just updated my GMS2 Resource Importer tool. You should be able to create a new project and add the resources from the old project with that tool. You need to use the Import "Rogue" resources at the bottom left. So you would create a project and in my resource import tool you would select that project as destination. To import objects (as an example) you would click the "Import Resources..." button, browse to the "objects" folder of your old project, select all object folders and then click "Select folder".
I would totally use that. If I were on Windows.

Mick

The project structure is the same on Mac I guess? Maybe you could find a Windows machine to use the tool on or something. When you get your project up and running again (which I hope you do), you should really look into version control or use some backup system like time machine.

How did you go with this? Are you on a Mac? We're getting the same issue with Add Existing. It doesn't work when the resource is going from one MacBook to the other. It used to work though, but now it doesn't, and I get the same error message you have.

F

Funerailles

How did you go with this? Are you on a Mac? We're getting the same issue with Add Existing. It doesn't work when the resource is going from one MacBook to the other. It used to work though, but now it doesn't, and I get the same error message you have.
I'm using OSX, it hasn't happened to me since I posted this thread, but I had no way to recover it. I managed to get into contact with customer support and they said they had no way to replicate this issue, so at the moment we all have to live in fear. Lol.

L

Last

I've just had this exact same problem and have to start from scratch, it's not ideal.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
I've just had this exact same problem and have to start from scratch, it's not ideal.
Please file a bug report and include a download link to the corrupted project as well as any details that you can remember of what the last thing you did with the project is... also, note any anti-virus you have active and whether you are saving the project to a cloud folder like DropBox or OneDrive.