OFFICIAL YYG Account Issues

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
YYG are in the process of deploying an updated registration system and as such this might lead to a slight disruption in the licencing and registration process and servers, meaning that you may not be able to licence the product, register for a YoYo Account, or login to your YoYo Account. Most of these issues should be corrected by now and those that aren't will be be corrected as soon as possible. Note that there has been no data loss from these changes and there are no privacy related issues. If your issue persists in the next 12 hours, then please file a ticket with the YYG helpdesk.

Sorry for the inconvenience and we hope everything will be back to normal in the next few hours.

Please note that if you are still having this issue then you should contact YoYo Games through the following link, indicating the email that was used for the account, the licence type you have, as well as the exact details of the situation: https://accounts.yoyogames.com/contact-us

EDIT: If an issue persists then please make sure to clear out your browser cache and cookies then try and log in again before contacting YYG.

EDIT EDIT: Please revise your email as the new registration DB is case-sensitive whereas previously it wasn't. So if your email was "[email protected]", and you use "[email protected]" you will NOT be able to log in. So, make sure to enter your email in the same case as you used when you registered. Additionally, if your password contains special characters other than #@?!$%^&*- you should reset it and make sure that it follows the new password rules... so, minimum 8 characters, and at least 1 uppercase, 1 lowercase, 1 number and one special character (#@?!$%^&*-).

Last edited:

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
If you are still having issues, could you please PM me the details of the account? Specifically the email that was used to make the account (and to log in), the version of GameMaker you are using, and whether the issue is with the YoYo Account login, or with logging into the IDE, or with something else, like account creation or changing your password.

Thanks!

M

MoleMen

I had this issue but was able to fix it by changing my password and removing any dots in it by another special character. I hope that helps.

Edoc'sil

Just for others that might still have an issue. My email address in YoYo's database was stored as all caps (guess I registered it that way). Login would fail if I wasn't using all caps in the username box.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Wee update (thanks to @Edoc'sil for their help!):

Please revise your email as the new registration DB is case-sensitive whereas previously it wasn't. So if your email was "[email protected]", and you use "[email protected]" you will NOT be able to log in. So, make sure to enter your email in the same case as you used when you registered. Additionally, if your password contains special characters other than #@?!$%^&*- you should reset it and make sure that it follows the new password rules... so, minimum 8 characters, and at least 1 uppercase, 1 lowercase, 1 number and one special character (#@?!$%^&*-).

I

iwulff

Hi Nocturne, that could have easily been resolved in the business logic by using a lowercase on the username field input.

I can login in my yoyogames account, but get 404 pages. I can't login when trying to run Gamemaker Studio 2. It all feels unstable and should not have been released like this.

Dan1

Hey Nocturne,

I'm still getting this error when I try to log in - my email is all lower-case as it always has been, what can I do?

Thanks,
Dan

1587221270058.png

EDIT: Never mind, it's working now, very odd

T

thaaks

I still get the 504 Gateway timeout, on the Marketplace as well as in the IDE - can't login right now and can't work...
Edit: Nevermind, now it's working again...

Last edited by a moderator:

Reddoka

Hi @Nocturne,
I still cannot log in even though my email and password are correct (while it said incorrect). When I entered my email to change the password, it said something went wrong.
Bonus: I accidentally deleted GMS 2 so haha )
Thanks~
Edit: Okokok sorry for bother

makas

Sorry but I am getting very frustrated... I want to participate on the jams, I have work to do, I had problems with my main PC and I cant active my account on another PC... any ETA for solving this?, sorry but I am getting desperate... it has been 2 days now...

UPDATE: After resseting my password for third time it worked... I guess the special character selected is important for this I recommend using one of the special characters recommended on the password reset page, I was using "~" and didnt worked then I used one of the other special characters listed there and worked, so hope that can help someone with the same problem

Last edited:
A

ArchbishopDave

I'm still running into issues as well.
I've tried all lower/upper/normal case for my email, and I've reset my password to meet the new (although it was legal before) standards multiple times. I continue to get authentication errors on both the site and the application.

I was getting 504 Gateway errors this morning, but it's since swapped to just Auth errors now.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
I believe a fix for most issues has been pushed to the server in the last half hour or so... might be worthwhile trying again? If it still fails, please send me your login email, the GMS licence you have (desktop, creator, mobile, etc...) as well as the exact circumstances of the issue you are having and I'll pass these details to the web team to look at.

Aviox

Still having issues. I sent you a DM Nocturne. (and thanks for your help and gracious responses.)

But I just want to say, I find it strange that the account name is case-sensitive.
Emails are traditionally NEVER case-sensitive. That might be a good change to make in the system at some point?

gnysek

Emails are traditionally NEVER case-sensitive. That might be a good change to make in the system at some point?
Usually this is because by default Varchar is case insensitive in MySql. So this returns proper account and then compares password hashes UNTIL email is checked in code - then it will be case sensitive.

In fact, case sensitive checking might be good to detect brute-forcing bots - those will try lower/uppercase combinations of (in some way) random strings.

gnysek

if your password contains special characters other than #@?!$%^&*- you should reset it
Are country specific letters (accents, or chinese) treated as letters, or special characters ? I think, that people may have problem with login, it would be good to add validator in next release (2.3) of GameMaker, that on clicking "LOGIN", before password is sent trough internet, that entered password is valid, and inform users, that password like this may be longer invalid and please change it before using GMS.

G

game100boy

Hi.
I can't log in now.
I changed my password, but I can't log in.
I asked yoyo, but there is no reply.

C

Chryok

My solution was to log into the website, go to my profile and see exactly how my e-mail is recorded there. This new case sensitive email log in is frustrating.

jms

Hi, i was going to buy some assets but i cant login on the website yoyogames.com, so cant get into my account, changed my password but that does not work. On the laptop i can not get into game maker since no password works. Some user name policy issue? i would like to get a new user and pass instead meanwhile you fix the issue, at least some information or help.

Hi, loginproblem1111.png

Hi, updated registration system 16 april incident/issue. what is the estimated "time to repair" and "time to service" its gone almost 10 days? gulp. I worked within finance and we got pay penalties if downtime was more than 2 hours.

Hi,
YYG are in the process of deploying an updated registration system and as such this might lead to a slight disruption in the licencing and registration process and servers, meaning that you may not be able to licence the product, register for a YoYo Account, or login to your YoYo Account. Most of these issues should be corrected by now and those that aren't will be be corrected as soon as possible. Note that there has been no data loss from these changes and there are no privacy related issues. If your issue persists in the next 12 hours, then please file a ticket with the YYG helpdesk.

Sorry for the inconvenience and we hope everything will be back to normal in the next few hours.

EDIT: If an issue persists then please make sure to clear out your browser cache and cookies then try and log in again before contacting YYG.

EDIT: EDIT: Since some people are still having issues and that includes with filing helpdesk tickets, then you can you PM me the details of the account that's got the probelm, and I will pass that along to YYG. Please be specific and give the email that was used to make the account (and to log in), the version of GameMaker you are using, and whether the issue is with the YoYo Account login, or with logging into the IDE, or with something else, like account creation or changing your password.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Please revise your email as the new registration DB is case-sensitive whereas previously it wasn't. So if your email was "[email protected]", and you use "[email protected]" you will NOT be able to log in. So, make sure to enter your email in the same case as you used when you registered. Additionally, if your password contains special characters other than #@?!$%^&*- you should reset it and make sure that it follows the new password rules... so, minimum 8 characters, and at least 1 uppercase, 1 lowercase, 1 number and one special character (#@?!$%^&*-).
Hi, updated registration system 16 april incident/issue. what is the estimated "time to repair" and "time to service" its gone almost 10 days? gulp. I worked within finance and we got pay penalties if downtime was more than 2 hours.

yoyogames.png
New registration system is like : a yoyo that welcomes you, when you login the inner pac-man eats your login.

I like yoyo games, i like the community, i like the gml languange and framework.
I can wait for things to get fixed, changes such as "new registration system" do result of in some minor issues, well for some major issues.
i know. network login dependency i scary and dont get me wrong, i am certified within TCP/IP and like tech but i dont like that there are no stand alone possibilities, if one company choose to force network login then those issues
should be solved within couple of hours. Backup plan when planning aka get a certification in change management. good luck and really thanks for the great update 2.3 , functions especially. I have programmed in +25 languages since 1985, last worked as a teacher in Javascript, nowadays as investment analyst and investor within the game industry and have connections to the early crack/hack/intro demo scene starting from the mid 80s. and too old for this sh_t

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Turns out I was hit by this, my guess is that I used too archaic special characters in my marketplace password (GMS2 logins work just fine, it's just the Marketplace site that doesn't). I'm kinda miffled there's any reason to limit what special characters you can use in passwords... even if it's not gonna help against hash-reversal offline attacks, any artificial limitations makes it harder to write a good + memorable password, and allowing more out-of-the-ordinary characters probably stops a bunch of rainbow table and shoulder surfing attempts. At least it's a good sign that now-illegal passwords wasn't caught in the transition, since that would've confirmed they'd been stored in plaintext.

I've got a support ticket, so I don't think I'll be needing any additional help... just wanted to show up and be grumpy here :p (This topic helped me figure out what was wrong, which was pretty nice)

Unrelated complaint: if you open your account dashboard from within the GMS2 browser, the "Settings" tab won't expand no matter what you do, so you can't change your password from within GMS2 (which would've saved me and yoyo support some work). Not sure if this is by design or because GMS2's browser being too limited. You can change the stuff on the first page of the settings menu (your name, tax number and mail address) but the password settings aren't accessible.
1588522780858.png

gnysek

Seems that there's some issue with SSO (single sign-on), when trying to login on help.yoyogames.com it redirects me to yyg main website (and ask to login), but when I'm back I'm still not logged it, it redirects to yyg website, makes SSO, and then I'm on helpdesk. I need to do it several times a day, as it seems my sessions are lost (using same PC, same browser), and for beta users - that's a pain.

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
Seems that there's some issue with SSO (single sign-on), when trying to login on help.yoyogames.com it redirects me to yyg main website (and ask to login), but when I'm back I'm still not logged it, it redirects to yyg website, makes SSO, and then I'm on helpdesk. I need to do it several times a day, as it seems my sessions are lost (using same PC, same browser), and for beta users - that's a pain.
I can vouch for this issue. It happens to me the same way. Some of the time, it redirects me to the beta forum after loggin in, but sometimes to the yyg website instead.

P

Pavbumblebee

I've tried everything...and I even contacted YoYo...I really need this fixed man...

gnysek

I also noticed, that VAT number is gone from my account, while I didn't edited it durnign year (or even more).

Posh Indie

That Guy
Is it "that time of year" already? Connectivity to all things "YoYo" is spotty at best for me right now. Just got a new laptop for development and I've finally gotten a 10 second download for the current and beta versions to both succeed (Took about 10 tries... it kept finishing the downloads and then throwing them out as "network error". My network is fine, I assure you. Everything else was, and is, working without issue).

As long as I can get this new laptop in the list of valid hardware for use, and get the licenses accepted on install... I've reached the point of, "Yeah. It's that 'once a year' licensing hassle". Wish me luck...

Update: Both installed and licenses validated successfully. I guess that's the important thing.

Last edited:

Yavga

I am unable to log in the GMS2 suite; Bad Gateway Timeout. Probably the login form tries to verify the accounts' credentials through the now outdated account.yoyogames webpage, is there any way to fix this and continue working on my game?

By upgrading to 2.3 today, I'm experiencing the same web authentication login fail as happened back in April. It's so frustrating as I know the login still works as I can sign into my yoyo account just fine. Last time Nocturne had to work some magic to get the login working again, but this shouldn't rely on an admin and magic... Any ideas how I can stop the web authentication failure?

Update: I've submitted a request to the help/bugs system as I am completely locked out of the software and can't think of anything I can do to resolve it (especially as my login still works!). Will update here if/when it gets resolved in case anyone else has the same problem.

Update #2: Now solved. Did a complete uninstall, reinstall, then had a few more web authentication errors before it let me in...

Last edited:

lightSwitch

check my post here if it solves it for you

D

Deleted User

check my post here if it solves it for you
i had the same issue many here has had. i did nothing and it started to work so it must be yoyo server side problem.

lightSwitch

i had the same issue many here has had. i did nothing and it started to work so it must be yoyo server side problem.
so it might be their server and RSS feed issues .
i''m glad yours running good , mine is funky a little slowdown here and there