• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows YYC Windows stuck at Build for architecture (2.1.0.135)

Shut

YYC Windows is not working for me since I updated to the new version. No errors, just keeps building while the PC lags a lot... Tested it on a small project that used to run fine in the previous version and compiled under 2 minutes, I left it for 8 minutes and it was still compiling...

Stuck at Build for architecture - x86

Anyone with the same issue?

Link to test project that won't compile (VM works fine)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6a7b46ydgk5uoq/test.zip?dl=0

Last edited:

rIKmAN

Just tested YYC on a small project - worked fine and compiled quickly, no hanging at all.

I assume you've had to do the update to todays hotfix version?

Shut

I updated to the hotfix version, yes. That's really strange, since it was compiling just fine with the previous version. Any ideas?

rIKmAN

I updated to the hotfix version, yes. That's really strange, since it was compiling just fine with the previous version. Any ideas?
Not really, although YYC is a lot more strict than the the VM, so check you have properly formatted code - semi colons at the end of lines, brackets, that sort of thing.
It is weird if it compiled fine using YYC in the previous version though.

If you wanted to link a yyz of your project or PM a link or something, I could test it on my setup for you to narrow down whether it's just an issue with your setup, or your project.

rIKmAN

Thanks for the help, I've found the problem, but can't seem to find the solution, yet. It has something to do with 3D model scripts that I use. These compile fine under VM, but YYC just gets stuck.

Here is the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6a7b46ydgk5uoq/test.zip?dl=0
Just tested it and get the same issue as you when running YYC, compiles fine under VM.
I've not touched any 3D stuff with GMS so I can't help any further, sorry man.

Probably best to report it as a bug, attach the sample project you linked and roll back to the older version that worked in the meantime.

Someone with GMS 3D experience might be able to spot something in the script which could be causing an issue if you post it, although if it worked in the previous version and hasn't been changed it seems more like a bug / change in the update.

Last edited: