• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android YYC for android Failed ! [SOLVED]

A

Ashraf Hamdi

I just purchased "GMS2 Mobile" today and still testing it.
Can't compile using YYC on android
NDK: r13b
JDK: jre1.8.0_121 (setup file name : jdk-8u121-windows-x64.exe)
No error messages to show! just "FAILED : Package Program Complete" after this line :-
Code:
elapsed time 00:00:08.7806150s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.4.42/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\Ashraf Hamdi\AppData\Local\Temp\GameMakerStudio2\build.bff"  -- Android Package started at 02/01/2017 16:54:31

Ednei

I just purchased "GMS2 Mobile" today and still testing it.
Can't compile using YYC on android
NDK: r13b
JDK: jre1.8.0_121 (setup file name : jdk-8u121-windows-x64.exe)
No error messages to show! just "FAILED : Package Program Complete" after this line :-
Code:
elapsed time 00:00:08.7806150s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.4.42/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\Ashraf Hamdi\AppData\Local\Temp\GameMakerStudio2\build.bff"  -- Android Package started at 02/01/2017 16:54:31
The manual tells you to use the jdk-8u102-windows-x64.exe .....

However, even following the manual GM2 presented the same problem with me.

Also I could not generate a new keystore for my project.

Ednei

A

Ashraf Hamdi

Many thanks for reply, but i can't find the old jdk-8u102 anywhere!, and you tell me that I'll still have compiling problems even if i use it!
so what we can do ?

Ednei

Many thanks for reply, but i can't find the old jdk-8u102 anywhere!, and you tell me that I'll still have compiling problems even if i use it!
so what we can do ?
The correct JDK you will find in the link below:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/j...rchive-javase8-2177648.html#jdk-8u102-oth-JPR

However, even with this version of JDK I'm having the same problem.

I opened a topic about this:

https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/about-gm2-android-module-setup-and-keystore.18558/

I'm waiting for a solution, or maybe a new update.

Ednei

A

Ashraf Hamdi

I've solved the problem ! just run GMS2 as administrator and use JDK 8u-102 !

A

Ashraf Hamdi

I don't need to generate a keystore as i created one already a long time ago, you can make it manually (using cmd.exe in windows)

Ednei

Has anyone who bought "GMS2 Mobile" been able to generate a keystore in GM2?

If you have succeeded please explain to me how you performed this feat.

I honestly believe the "Generate Keystore" button is completely buggy.

Ednei

See the "Set Up GameMaker Studio 2 Preferences" section of the Setting Up For Android article.
Is that not working for you?

Thanks for the answer. I've read the Setting Up For Android article several times.

When I press the "Generate Key Store" key it opens a window asking to save a project, as in the picture above. When I click save nothing happens. The keystore file is not generated.

Its opens a window that requests to save a file.project when the correct one would be to save a file.keystore.

I have GM2 installed on two laptops and the same problem is experienced in both.

I'm surprised that no one besides me is reporting this problem here in the forum.

can anybody help me?

Ednei

rIKmAN

Thanks for the answer. I've read the Setting Up For Android article several times.

When I press the "Generate Key Store" key it opens a window asking to save a project, as in the picture above. When I click save nothing happens. The keystore file is not generated.

Its opens a window that requests to save a file.project when the correct one would be to save a file.keystore.

I have GM2 installed on two laptops and the same problem is experienced in both.

I'm surprised that no one besides me is reporting this problem here in the forum.

can anybody help me?

Ednei
I would file a bug with your screenshots, and maybe give a link to this thread.
It is odd that nobody else has reported this issue, but then again I'm not sure how many people have the "Mobile" modules, or whether its something specific to your machine.

I'm guessing you've tried uninstalling/reinstalling GMS2?

Ednei

Yes, I reinstalled several times but this problem persists. Did you run this test on your computer?
I did not report it as a bug so far because I thought the problem was with my old laptop (Celeron 8gb Ram).
However, this week I bought a new Laptop (Core i7, 16 gb RAM, 8 gb SSD, NVIDIA GeForce 930M with 4GB DDR3) and installed GM2, but this problem appeared too.
I have experience with GM1.4 and have 3 children's games published in Googleplay.

The game I'm developing is working perfectly on the Windows module. But I still could not run it with the Android module, although I followed all the instructions. So far I have not been able to generate a keystore.

I know GM2 is still in beta. But I thought at least the Mobile module was running 100%.

Ednei

did you tried running GMS2 as administrator ?
Yes. Following your example I started running GM2 just as admin.

You are the only user of this forum who reported that you could run the An droid module correctly.

How did you manage to generate your Keystore? Did you generate with GM2? If you can help me, I thank you.

Edit:

Thank you for your help! My issue has been partially resolved in this topic:
https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.p...-gm2-android-module-setup-and-keystore.18558/

Last edited: