• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows YYC build error

Hi
I am trying to make YYC-build in GMS2
I have 2 MSVS - 2015 (it's ok with my GMS1.4 YYC builds) and VS Community (August version with 2017 component)
And I can't make YYC build in GMS2 (current runtime 2.3.3.344)

1)If I use in setup 2019 path
D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC\Auxiliary\Build\vcvarsall.bat

MSVS Components:
Basic components
+Windows 10 SDK (10.0.18362.0)
+MSVC version 141 (for MSVC 2017)

Then I get next error
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File name: 'link.exe

2)If I use in setup 2015 path
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\VC\vcvarsall.bat
Then I get next error
Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Resource Compiler Version 6.2.9200.16384
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
libcpmt.lib(newaop.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_MSC_VER': value '1700' doesn't match value '1900' in YoYo.lib(Instance_Class.obj)

What should I do and check else?

The support unfortunately send me to another guide to check it all. Well, it didn't help a lot.

Still I found the solution. Maybe it could help somebody else.

1)Current MSVS link from the setup guide is broken - it's for "general" MSVS (contains lots of staff from 2015, 2017, 2019).
It confused me because I thought - ok, 2017 is here also. But it look like they changed some other staff, so components do not work correctly with YYC, batch files were renamed, but you can fill it manually in GMS2 ignoring the lookup filter, etc. Don't. Don't do it :)

2)So you need to get "older versions".
https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/ru/vs/older-downloads/
I can't copy link here for 2017. It's soft-of a button.
The installer file gets the same name as for (1). No easy way. No easy way.

P.S. I have also found in lots of texts that _only_ Steam SDK version 1.42 is supported (may be it could save somebody some time also)