• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android YoYo's Google Play Services - Async Social problems

M

MarceloP

Hello again guys,

To explain again, I've been using Yoyo's Google Play Service Extension.
I'm also using IDE v2.1.5.322 and Runtime v2.1.5.246.

While using the extension I noticed that the Social Async callbacks doesn't work correctly with the Rewarded Ad.

According to this Yoyo Blog Post, there should happen the following async calls:
Code:
switch (ident){
        case "rewardedvideo_adopened":
            show_debug_message("Rewards Video Opened");
        break;

case "rewardedvideo_videostarted":
            show_debug_message("Rewards Video Started");
        break;

case "rewardedvideo_watched":
            show_debug_message("Rewards Video Watched");
        break;

case "rewardedvideo_adclosed":
            show_debug_message("Rewards Video Closed");
        break;
}
But for this case, specifically, "Rewards Video Opened" and "Rewards Video Started" are only called when the video is CLOSED (it does trigger "Rewards Video Closed" correctly).

Another problem there is that in any case, "Rewards Video Watched" also only triggers when the video is closed and was watched entirely (and from my perspective and from the code provided, is seems this should be call at the end of the video, not mattering when it is closed).

I think that's a bug in the extension and, in my case, it does matter when each of this events happen.
Should I also make a bug report / ticket for this kind of problem?

Jack S

You can, they may eventually fix their extension. Or you can go edit the extension yourself and fix it / modify the behaviors. TBH most of the yoyo provided extensions are bare bones shells that get only the most basic functions of these sdk's working at the most basic of levels. You have to edit them to get more out of them.

M

MarceloP

You can, they may eventually fix their extension. Or you can go edit the extension yourself and fix it / modify the behaviors. TBH most of the yoyo provided extensions are bare bones shells that get only the most basic functions of these sdk's working at the most basic of levels. You have to edit them to get more out of them.
True, but this was meant to be the "already implemented" part of it and should be functioning accordingly...
I do hope there's an update to this or at least should be.

---- Edited ----
Again, for some bizzar reason it started to kindda do the right thing. I didn't change anything related to that part of the code while I was waiting for answers here, but it seems to be triggering it right now.

The only thing I did, that may have caused this (dunno why), was to show a show_async_message() in the screen in another script before showing the ad, and then the callbacks on the async_social event of the ad controller in fact received in the right time the call.

In any case, I'll test it a bit further and, is this persists I let you all know.
If it doesn't, I'll post here as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MarceloP

Bump.

Yeah, right on spot.
If I throw an show_async_message() before the rewarded event show call it triggers the "rewardedvideo_adopened" and the "rewardedvideo_videostarted" correctly. But the event "rewardedvideo_watched" keeps bugged and the "rewardedvideo_adclosed" stops working.

If I don't, the "rewardedvideo_adopened", "rewardedvideo_videostarted" and the "rewardedvideo_watched" are only triggered with "rewardedvideo_adclosed" when it happens and if it happens.

I'll probably submit a ticked for this, "this uncertainty in coding worries me, I do like deterministic stuff you know...."