Question - General Yoyo website timeout adjustment?

Slyddar

The auto logout/timeout on the www.yoyogames.com website seems really short. It seems to be around 15 mins of inactivity causes it to log you out, which is painful when you check various aspects of the site multiple times throughout the day.

Having to login each time throughout the day is tedious, and sure passwords are saved by browsers, but it's just another hoop to jump through. Any chance this time can be extended, or if there is a setting to adjust it?

S

Sybok

Out of interest, what has you logging on to the YYG website multiple times a day that requires you to need a longer login period?

It's not like there's a hell of a lot you can do on their website. I probably log in to the website once every five years or something.

Slyddar

Out of interest, what has you logging on to the YYG website multiple times a day that requires you to need a longer login period?

It's not like there's a hell of a lot you can do on their website. I probably log in to the website once every five years or something.
No complaints here.

Image3.png
So you've sold $7.3k USD on assets, yet you only log in once every 5 years. Holy cow, that must be one hell of an asset you released all those years ago. No wonder you are keeping your sales secrets to yourself.

Well I've been doing more of it over the last few weeks when preparing an asset, which is why it's been highlighted as an issue. Some of the things I'm doing lately would be :
  • Submitting bugs
  • Update Marketplace asset (with a new asset, this is mostly what I'm doing)
  • Check Marketplace for other assets
  • Using Publisher account
  • Grant user access to asset
  • Revoke license (as I use multiple PC's)
Enough things that I check it multiple times a day. The timeout if you are not staying on the site, but visiting multiple times a day, seems excessive and unnecessary.

Last edited:
S

Sybok

So you've sold $7.3k USD on assets, yet you only log in once every 5 years. Holy cow, that must be one hell of an asset you released all those years ago.
It's pretty good. Not gonna lie! :cool:
(Just transferred another $250 from earnings last month into my back account today, in fact. Yes, sales have been slow lately)

So you do everything you listed multiple times a day? Damn! You are either making a killing on the marketplace or are doing something extremely wrong.

S

Sybok

So prior to:
  • Update Marketplace asset (with a new asset, this is mostly what I'm doing)
  • Check Marketplace for other assets
  • Using Publisher account
  • Grant user access to asset
What had you logging in a plethora of times a day then?

Slyddar

So prior to:
Well I've been doing more of it over the last few weeks when preparing an asset, which is why it's been highlighted as an issue.
The point is, unless it's a banking site, I've never seen a site log someone out as quick as this one does. It just seems overcautious and unnecessary, and leaving an account logged in for 24 hours, 8 hours, or even 4 hours seems to be a reasonable request.

S

Sybok

Why you posting on a community forum then? Wouldn't you be better taking this up directly with YYG?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
I'm pretty sure it's a 1 hour auth token, not 15 minutes. But I'll check, as 15 minutes does indeed seem excessively short if that's the case.

EDIT: Okay, so it's 15 minutes between token refreshes and 1 hour before a full log-out. It does seem a little harsh, so I would suggest that you file a bug report requesting that at least the refresh time gets extended to an hour and the logout time gets extended to 4 hours. That seems a bit more reasonable and the web team will discuss it with management.

Last edited:

Slyddar

I would suggest that you file a bug report requesting that at least the refresh time gets extended to an hour and the logout time gets extended to 4 hours.
Great, thanks for the feedback Nocturne, I'll do so now. Posted here for this exact feedback, so as to not waste their time, so i appreciate you responding.