• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Yoyo games support does not tell me why they are blocking my payment.

J

JapaneseMeow

Deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Richard

I actually did explain this in the ticket but I shall do here for other people to see.

You entered your postal code wrong too many times and the payment was taken but blocked (and shall be refunded).
This reason was given to you and you told me this in your first comment.

This is simply a security measure to notify people if their card has been stolen but not allow the offender to buy our software. This is incredibly common (and very handy).

You shall be refunded and as long as you enter the postal information correctly, you shall be able to purchase the software.

We do not provide phone service I am afraid.

J

JapaneseMeow

Deleted.

J

JapaneseMeow

Deleted.

J

JapaneseMeow

Deleted.

R

Richard

We don't decide what your postal code is, your card provider does.
We don't need to call your bank to find that out.

We also don't handle the payments directly, we use a service called Stripe. We simply provide an interface on top of it.

Feel free to discuss this in your ticket but I stated you the facts already.

ps. post codes/ zip codes are the same thing. (US uses zip codes mainly)

J

JapaneseMeow

Deleted.

J

JapaneseMeow

Deleted.

gnysek

There's also no Zip code in Poland, it's called "Kod Pocztowy" but I have no problem entering it in field "zip code" when I pay internationally ;)

Also, if there was problem with payment you should blame payment operator, not YoYoGames, as they are using 3rd party webservices to handle payments. If this 3rd party will decline order, it's their decision, not YYG.

R

Richard

We have discussed it in the ticket(s) and here, I cannot give you any more information than I have already given you.

You will be getting your money back soon.

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
If you think you entered it correctly, then there's nothing we can do about it, we can only confirm it with the details we have from the card and billing provider.

We can't really say much more than has been stated, and I agree as a customer this is annoying and not a great experience, but we have to follow these steps to help reduce card fraud - something I'm sure you yourself appreciate has to be done.

However if you're unable to purchase this way then I'd suggest one of our other purchase options like Paypal or Steam. You will still get a stand alone version if you buy with Steam, so it's really what ever is easiest for you now.

As Richard said, you are welcome to keep discussing this on the open ticket, but we really can't say much more than we have here already - sorry.

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
I'm 100% confident this is Stripe's fault then.
Have you moved recently? If so, it may be your bank's error. I had similar problems after moving to a different postal code location. I received mail from my credit card bank with the correct postal code, so I assumed they had updated my address in their database. Yet some online purchases were declined. Turned out, they were still using the old postal code for their security checks.

Stripe FAQ has a blurb about this.

XanthorXIII

This is why I like PayPal. It just works. Doesn't play these stupid zip code games. When I'm putting Gas in my car in -10F weather I don't want to enter a stupid zip code