OFFICIAL YoYo Games Is Now Part Of Opera

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am totally fine with any pricing model.

However, if they want it to be more accessible for beginners, making Windows or HTML5 or both exports free would do the trick.

Rev sharing probably would be best option though, as it would make it free for everyone until you make a lot of money from your game.

GMWolf

aka fel666
I don't know, @GMWolf, I'd hate to see YoYo move toward some brand new subscription model... like some kinda yearly Creator Licence @RefresherTowel mentioned, or yearly Console/Ultimate license for the big pros... ~shudder~
Hasn't the creator license been a thing for a while now?
Does it not also upgrade to a full license after like 3 years?
Is not another nice licensing option that lowers the cost of entry without removing the option to get a permanent license?

Rev sharing probably would be best option though,
I doubt that would generate enough revenue. GM isn't producing large AAA games like UE. You might be underestimating the cost of GM development.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Can we like, stop any conversation about the pricing model until (if) something is actually announced? This feels very unproductive and is working people up for no reason.
EXACTLY, and this is just the type of speculation that will cause me to close the topic... :)
(although I won't, as at the moment, this is obviously something everyone wants and needs to discuss... and I am equally guilty of participating I suppose! :bunny:)

Please, there has been no mention by YYG of a subscription model, and while I do think it'll come eventually in some form, I 100% don't think it would change anything for the majority of developers, as I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT YOYO GAMES WOULD DO AWAY WITH THE CURRENT PAY-ONCE LICENCING. I said as much in my post above, but that seemed to have been ignored in everyone's panic about subscriptions. So, please, don't get stressed out about ghosts that don't exist and that you're actually creating yourselves! Honestly, I think that YYG and Opera are very aware of the userbase and their wants and needs and will not do something that would alienate the majority of them. ;)

P

ParodyKnaveBob

Sorry, @GMWolf, I thought I made my irony clear enough. Correct, it's not new. My actual point was that with all the yelling and cringing in the thread about the inevitable future subscription models -- people saying bad at low tiers, good at high tiers -- that YoYo Games has had GMS2 on a partial subscription model for years -- Creator at the low end, of which one of the most ranty complainers of about subs actually said, "I've single handedly talked people into buying at least the Creator license ... more times than I can count on my hands," and Console/Ultimate at the high end.

Everyone: Creator License is $3.33 a month.

EDIT: And, you pay for 12 months of it up front.

Btw, Wolf, I've never heard of getting the Desktop License after three years of Creator subs. Needs citation? $:^ } (Please? That'd be cool to see.)

I keep checking here everyday to see if there is a new path forward, or what news there is.

I hope there is more communication between us (the developers) and the company in what are they actually working on, what's coming up, etc. Something more than just; here is our roadmap.

renex

i've been using game maker as a hobbyist since 2003 and professionally since 2013. during that entire time, i've had only two points where i felt like i was doing the right thing in focusing my entire career on game maker expertise - when Zeus entered closed beta in 2016, and right now.

as an avid gm 8.1 fan who uses studio 2 at work, i can say that i'm thoroughly relieved to see where things are going now.

also rooting for the return of @Mike !

GMWolf

aka fel666
Sorry, @GMWolf, I thought I made my irony clear enough.
Oh I picked up on it but I thought it was directed towards me haha 😅

Btw, Wolf, I've never heard of getting the Desktop License after three years of Creator subs. Needs citation? $:^ } (Please? That'd be cool to see.)
Idk, I seem to recall something of the sorts.
Maybe I'mwrong though (tbh I dont quite have the energy to go look it up right now. I'm trying to wrap up at work)

[Edit]
It Comes with a 30% discount for desktop.
So if you get desktop after a year of creator, you end up paying about the same as going right to desktop from the start.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm not going to say anything more about subs after this post, but:
Everyone: Creator License is $3.33 a month.
Yes, it is. I'm clearly aware of that (having recommended it multiple times and understanding how money and time works). However, there are many, many programs that have migrated over to a sub model without a free or a single payment option available. It isn't out of the realm of possibility. In my previous posts I clearly wasn't talking about an upgradeable sub option that also subtracts from the cost of the single payment option. I think it's important that people hear about lower-income stresses when talking about payment options. Perhaps my previous posts were a bit hyperbolic, but that doesn't take away from the fact that, clearly, it's worrying to me to have a sub model floated casually by other members. Sure, it's fine for people who have a comfortable income to casually talk about a sub model, but they're also in a place where the form of payment doesn't seem to matter too much, and so one way or another it doesn't effect them.

As someone who does have to worry about finances constantly and has a constant crushing pressure revolving around living from day to day, the idea of a sub model is distressful if it applies to me. Acting as though even $3.33 a month as a consistent need to use the software (which is NOT what is happening now, but it is what the payment model is being reduced to in the conversation) is tiny...I couldn't afford that. I've been making games with GM for many, many years. And having to buy new versions has always been a huge stressor for me, but I've managed because I understand how economics work. But I cannot afford a monthly payment, however much people try to reduce it to. I'm in the negative per month more often than I would care to point out, so no matter the price quoted, a monthly cost is too much. That is the only thing that I'm trying to point out when I comment against sub models. I want GMS to succeed, I like using it and I don't want to move to another engine, so I want to make my voice heard on the topic just in the off chance that a general user sub is being considered (however unlikely) and the people in charge of the decision happen to see my comments. That is all I can do, as I (much like everyone else) is at the whim of the market and the decisions of people we cannot directly contact or negotiate with.

P

ParodyKnaveBob

@ main topic:

Opera might not be the most marketed browser in the world or anything, but I remember back in the day when MSIE and Netscape were duking it out, I found Opera to be much more awesome anyway. They were true innovators. "Hey, HTML 3.x/4.x has all these neat <meta> tags that denote certain pages being next and previous and whatnot... how about we actually use these and let regular Tom, Dick, and Harriet users have <- and -> buttons on the browser toolbar for meta-based navigation?" Yaaaaay! Lots of sites used those tags, yet Opera's the only browser I recall even bothering using. Same with start pages and such. (For that matter, wasn't Opera waaay ahead of the curve on letting RSS feeds be read as if they were simple web pages? I'd say the same for news feeds, but WebTV did that even before deja-news iirc.)

Opera might not be a household name because Micro$oft, Apple O$, and Google ..$omething, (with Mozilla somehow keeping a foothold in there, but I've gotta say, I never saw their Firefox OS go anywhere,) but I expect to see good work come from this -- even moreso with @rmanthorp describing some personal thumbs ups.

@GMWolf:

Yeah, no, $E^ b it wasn't directed at you; it was more like "speaking loudly toward the room while fake-addressing you" to be funnier about directing alongside you (that all the panicky pricing speculation isn't helping anyone). Cheers, yo. heheheh

@RefresherTowel:

I'm sorry if I came off as calloused or misunderstanding to you personally. My only real point regarding you was that I saw absurdity (I'm a parodist?) in someone saying 1. I would leave over a [monthly you finally said] subscription model coming and 2. I have influenced others into the already extant (yearly-)subscription model. I wasn't "reducing" the yearly sub model to an equivalent monthly sub model; I was pointing out there's already a yearly sub model; from there, I did eventually show the math estimate as to what the yearly sub model breaks down to as a 12-months-paid-in-advance model -- since both models were subscriptions.

Now, the part that might surprise you, I don't know: I do not use GMS2 because my finances changed some years ago, and GMS2 does not have the old limited-but-free permanent model. Using for one month total does nothing for me, clearly. Paying a $39 yearly subscription (truly $3.25 per month) is beyond me anymore. Paying a one-time $99 fee ($79 during sales) is a luxury I no longer have. I quite literally work for room and board right now. I'm not against your actual point about price barriers. I even said in my first post in this thread, I find GMS2's freemium change limiting. I hope this calms our qualm. $;^ ]

~~

Aaaand this is why I practically never parody anything anymore. Too many misgivings and misunderstandings galore. $:^ (

Regards,

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
Why is everyone so wholeheartedly agreeing on a subscription model??!!

Why not a UDK type model, where we are FREE to make anything -and when we start selling, and have sales EXCEED x_amount, THEN we give them 5% of the sales instead?

Think about it, we're ALREADY bleeding money - and have NO SALES for years. And then as an insult to injury WE PAY monthly? That is the best way to kill off GM.

Let's play with some numbers:

What's that going to be? 5000 devs still willing to stick with GM subs (I certainly wont stick around - I've invested thousands already!) @ $10/month = $50,000. That's it! No more! CAPPED!
That's just enough salary for 12 programmers/staff for 1 year. How does Opera-corp justify GM acquisition as a viable investment?

Now let's try the UDK method using ONE successful GM game: SPELUNKY

So let's assume 1,500,000 total sales, @$10/unit = $15,000,000
5% of $15,000,000 = $750,000 !!

And that is just ONE GAME! :cool:

So.... In conclusion:

STOP GIVING THEM STUPID SUBSCRIPTION IDEAS!!!!!

Thank you.
:D
When you decide to crudely count someone's money, don't forget to count platform cuts (30% for Steam and consoles), taxes (anywhere up to 60% depending on country and earnings), regional pricing (e.g. people from Turkey or Argentina pay a quarter of price for games on Steam in attempt to balance with lower buying power) and the fact that many people buy games at discounts (Spelunky HD had plenty 85% off sales at this point).
Oh, and that neither Spelunky HD nor Spelunky 2 are made in GM.

UDK's pricing model probably works for them, but more or less implies that you have a whole department dedicated to getting that money (mind, plenty people won't even pay their taxes until caught and threatened with fines) and can backfire easily (e.g. Unity had been under fire at one point for sending "hey, we think you are using the software in a way that requires a $125/month subscription" emails to whom they shouldn't have).

Cpaz

Unity has also gotten a bad rep lately, with people instantly rejecting games if they hear they were made in Unity... supposedly from a lot of asset flips and low-quality games having that "made in Unity" splash screen. (Asset flips ironically being made possible by how easy the Unity marketplace makes mashing assets together). Having a paywall for all new users (like now) might actually be good for GM in the long game, since it makes it seem more exclusive... of course, that's only going to work out if it can live up to those expectations.
I'd argue that most of that comes from steam not doing enough as far as reviewing submitting games.
Steam is also an edge case since it has its weird trading card underworld. It's the most successful example, but still and edge case as far as storefronts go.

But to kinda sorta misquote @RefresherTowel.

Subscriptions suck arse and they are inherently classist towards low-income people.
I think this can, to a degree, apply to a costly flat fee.
I get that ~$100 isn't too much in the grand scheme, but I also can't speak for those who are on a stricter budget.

Also, let it be known, I'm not explicitly advocating for a subscription based model, I'm just saying if they have to eventually, and they probably will need to eventually, I'd prefer they let the successful devs soak up the cost for the smaller devs.
Again, ala unity or unreal.

I think this can, to a degree, apply to a costly flat fee.
I get that ~$100 isn't too much in the grand scheme, but I also can't speak for those who are on a stricter budget.
I agree completely.

Honestly, I have a fair amount of excitement about the new acquisition. There are many things that could make it crappy, but there are also so many things that can make it great. I got a bit dragged down into details by people casually mentioning subs which, as has been pointed out many, many times throughout the thread, is not guaranteed to happen and even if it does happen, isn't guaranteed to effect every user. Here's to GMS entering a new era of growth, openness and productivity that benefits all of us as users. I'm keen to see what the future holds.

Andrey

I don't know yet whether to be happy or not that Opera bought YoYo. But if Opera is working on the features "With features that include endless customization options, sound effects, background music...", I hope that there will be a development of the GMS sound engine with the addition of new features of real-time sound effects, which I have long dreamed of.
I hope for their productive work together.

Xer0botXer0

Senpai
I don't know yet whether to be happy or not that Opera bought YoYo. But if Opera is working on the features "With features that include endless customization options, sound effects, background music...", I hope that there will be a development of the GMS sound engine with the addition of new features of real-time sound effects, which I have long dreamed of.
I hope for their productive work together.
At least EA didn't buy it.

$5 to per post on the forum, $5 per minute on the forum, 5 dolla, 5 dolla, 5 dolla.

dawidM

I think that the subscription model is ok with all the platforms that require constant maintenance like consoles and perhaps mobile. Windows should stay as it is, so one upfront payment. It would be nice if html5 is for free: it's hard to make money on it, but is perfect for prototyping and presenting during jams.

JeffJ

A few questions and thoughts.

1: Lowering Barrier
they fully understand that our audience covers professional developers bringing big games to console. However, they are very aware of the entry-level users and they want to work lowering the barrier even more for the new developers out there.
Is their focus primarily on lowering the barrier of entry, or do they plan to do anything for the aforementioned professional developers bringing games to consoles too?

2: Not Allowed To Sell Support Subscription
Over the years I've often brought up the wish for the ability to acquire console modules as a one time purchase. It was said this was not viable because of the higher level of support required for these types of modules. I've then suggested that annual premium support subscriptions for console modules could be sold separately, which would allow developers to buy as needed without the time limit on testing on their devkits, while also allowing YYG to more accurately gauge the needed personnel to dedicate to this support - win/win for everyone. That suggestion was shut down with the explanation that Playtech wouldn't allow YYG to sell support subscriptions.

Is there any chance this could change in the future?

3: Transparency
Before the Playtech acquisition, YYG staff had a very transparent one to one communication with the community. After Playtech, this stopped, and everything had to be hush hush. This was the start of a significant decline in communication.
What is Opera's stand on this? Should we expect the same lack of transparency going forward, or can we realistically hope for something more akin to pre-Playtech?

4: Future Plans
Continuing on the point above, will we get more detailed insight into Opera's plans for GMS going forward? What will be the priority? Will we get an updated roadmap?

5: Staff / Resources
Will YYG get more staff / more resources?

Last edited:

Cpaz

Continuing on the point above, will we get more detailed insight into Opera's plans for GMS going forward? What will be the priority? Will we get an updated roadmap?
If you haven't noticed, the roadmap has indeed gotten updated. This was sometime over the past few weeks mind you. Plus it only really outlines the immediate future.
I assume over the coming months we'll get more details.

The big things are 9-slice and a curve library.

GMS2 Roadmap – YoYo Games

JeffJ

If you haven't noticed, the roadmap has indeed gotten updated. This was sometime over the past few weeks mind you. Plus it only really outlines the immediate future.
I assume over the coming months we'll get more details.

The big things are 9-slice and a curve library.

GMS2 Roadmap – YoYo Games
I was thinking more broad strokes, and in ways that might be reflected as a result of changed priorities from above (if any).

gnysek

For those that are afraid that Opera will change to Subscription model, I just wanted to say that there's something (not seen too often) like perpetual license. How it works? For example, if you pay for software for 6 or 12 months (which usually equals to normal software price), you're getting latest stable version forever, and you can stop paying subscription until next update you need. That should satisfy both sides - those, that are yet students or younger or are from countries where average salary is poor, and those that understand why apps that are continuously and constantly developed should not depend only on new users, but on those that are actively using tool. If you want to support new features you pay for them, if not, you pays normal price.

When I started to use GM, I was 16, now I'm 34 and I remember, that paying 15$ for GM5.0 was so expensive for me, that I was saving money for half year :p
1611311009355.png
Don't be afraid, YYG knows what their audience is, and that it splits for teenagers, amateurs, and real indie professionals, and for sure they won't harm nobody in any way. If Playtech didn't broke prices too much, nobody will :) Also, those who already got 2.x, have it forever, they cannot remove any features we already got until 3.0 comes, which for sure won't happens this year, as they already have roadmap for this year :)

Andrey

If the subscription model will mean faster engine development, then I'm for a subscription. Or a mixed model, when there is a one-time purchase and a subscription.
Subscriptions are available from Adobe, Autodesk, DropBox, Google and others.
How can you want low prices and still count on product development? Godot? There are donations. You can, of course, not pay while others pay. But… :rolleyes:

GMWolf

aka fel666
I find it interesting that this has essentially become a subscription vs. one-off payment debate thread ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah I really dont understand it. What lead people to believe that Yoyo need another monetization system?

it's been pointed out that yoyo are doing quite well financially.
They don't need more money to develop new features faster.

I realise I'm playing into it too but I haven't seen a single new Idea or opinion on the subscription vs one off payment topic. It seems like every time there is even the slightest development in YYG, there is a huge topic about subscriptions and everyone repeats the same stuff over and over.
Can we not, this time?

It's not even a debate! People are just repeating the same old ideas.

Kezarus

Endless Game Maker
I'm with @GMWolf. Let's quit all this subscription debate (that I'm a culprit of entering it too, sorry). It's pure speculation.

Besides, as I was digging more infos about... well, Kunlun (the owner of Opera) is using Opera to boost the mobile brower of the chinese market. China is a gigantic market. Opera have 3% (tops) of browser market share today and it is side steping on the stock market since it's debut, 2 years ago. But if it is entering the chinese market... expect it to grow and grow big. It means more security and stability for the owner of YoYo. Which is good.

And Kunlun itself IS also a game company. Which is even better. =]

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Speaking of the marketplace and alternate steady income sources for Yoyo, this reminds me of how the RPG Maker guys ships their engine with a set of graphics in a very particular style that basically nobody else uses... and then sells hundreds of "expansion packs" in the same style. It's always irked me because of the soft vendor-lock-in (you need to start from scratch and replace everything if you don't want your game to be detected as obviously made in RPGM at first glance) but the business model seems to work out for them just fine, so perhaps a similar official Yoyo generic assets line could also work? Since GM is on Steam, it'd also be possible to sell them as DLC there, which puts them somewhere more visible than the Yoyo marketplace.

Since GM can make anything and not just RPGs, it's a bit harder to know what assets to make, but a good first bet would be expansions to the new, actually-working-in-GMS2.3 tutorials* (e.g. Angry Cats Expansion Pack could have more types of cats, birds and breakable prop graphics, some level backgrounds etc) so people that are proud of having completed them can go on and expand them into larger games... at a price. The contents of later packs could perhaps be decided through some sort of poll system, so that there's some audience participation that causes metric-boosting interaction on social media?

(another idea is to prepare art packs that just happens to work perfectly to showcase new features - e.g. a GUI pack that is the perfect example art for the new 9-slice library)

Since art work loads are more predictable (no critical bugs that take precedence over feature growth) the cost/earnings ratio of this type of content should be easier to work out than for GM itself, too. (Judging from how cool-looking Yoyo's website and side material like the GMS2 loading screens are these days they've definitely got access to some art talent, but I have no idea if they're part of the main team or just commissioned)

* once they exist, that is

Last edited:

GMWolf

aka fel666
Speaking of the marketplace and alternate steady income sources for Yoyo, this reminds me of how the RPG Maker guys ships their engine with a set of graphics in a very particular style that basically nobody else uses... and then sells hundreds of "expansion packs" in the same style. It's always irked me because of the soft vendor-lock-in (you need to start from scratch and replace everything if you don't want your game to be detected as obviously made in RPGM at first glance) but the business model seems to work out for them just fine, so perhaps a similar official Yoyo generic assets line could also work? Since GM is on Steam, it'd also be possible to sell them as DLC there, which puts them somewhere more visible than the Yoyo marketplace.

Since GM can make anything and not just RPGs, it's a bit harder to know what assets to make, but a good first bet would be expansions to the new, actually-working-in-GMS2.3 tutorials* (e.g. Angry Cats Expansion Pack could have more types of cats, birds and breakable prop graphics, some level backgrounds etc) so people that are proud of having completed them can go on and expand them into larger games... at a price. The contents of later packs could perhaps be decided through some sort of poll system, so that there's some audience participation that causes metric-boosting interaction on social media?

(another idea is to prepare art packs that just happens to work perfectly to showcase new features - e.g. a GUI pack that is the perfect example art for the new 9-slice library)

Since art work loads are more predictable (no critical bugs that take precedence over feature growth) the cost/earnings ratio of this type of content should be easier to work out than for GM itself, too. (Judging from how cool-looking Yoyo's website and side material like the GMS2 loading screens are these days they've definitely got access to some art talent, but I have no idea if they're part of the main team or just commissioned)

* once they exist, that is
I'd Just like for the market place to work more than 50% of the time!
New GML makes extensions more sane to develop, so all sorts of code code assets could exist.
Art assets I find a bit odd to be in the marketplace given that there isn't really a GM specific format... idk why people would search for assets in the marketplace.

Kezarus

Endless Game Maker
ITT: Let's discuss but let's actually not.
Hahaha. Actually seems more productive to discuss just facts.

Speculations and rumors, IDK, not a good road to follow (sorry again 😅).

A lot can happen and we just don't know (at the current time). At least Kunlun beign a game related company seems a good fit for YoYo. =]

gnysek

e.g. Angry Cats Expansion Pack
Angry Cats were made in about 10 hours on alpha version of physics, to show them on GDC in 2012 :p From today point of view it probably even isn't a good example, as some functions were still in development at time I was doing it :p There were Angry Cats in Space at some point to, so in total that was some amount of graphics. I'm not sure that assets for popular game clones would sell well, but I'm in for tutorials about popular games.

IDE plugins could be another source of small money earnings for both users and YYG. But yes, extended assets are also a good idea.

A

axonaira

I moved over to GMS2 and purchased a permanent license. I hope this will be honoured, and remain permanent.

I used to be a Construct 2 user but ditched Construct 3 because:
- Subscription payments are the only option
- The fact it runs in a browser (you actually have to apply a "workaround" to save files locally)
- Having to login online every week
- Forced updates.

I really hope GMS doesn't go down the same path (There's no indication of any of this but you never know)

Hopefully any of the changes we see will be positive.
Maybe opera want to launch a game strorefront where they/YoYo can publish games alongside third party titles?

matharoo

manualman
GameMaker Dev.
Maybe opera want to launch a game storefront where they/YoYo can publish games alongside third party titles?
They could make a new hub for HTML5 games and incorporate things like cloud saves, leaderboards, matchmaking etc. and provide an API for that within GameMaker. This would really accelerate the growth of HTML5 game development and motivate more people to incorporate networking and other high-end features into their browser games!

Last edited:

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
I moved over to GMS2 and purchased a permanent license. I hope this will be honoured, and remain permanent.
There is absolutely no doubt whatsoever that this will be honoured, so don't worry. Just be aware that the licence is permanent for GMS2 and doesn't grant you any type of free update for GMS3 or future products... just GMS2 and all updates to that. ;)

Maybe opera want to launch a game strorefront where they/YoYo can publish games alongside third party titles?
They could make a new hub for HTML5 games and incorporate things like cloud saves, leaderboards, matchmaking etc. and provide an API for that within GameMaker. This would really accelerate the growth of HTML5 game development and motivate more people to incorporate networking and other high-end features into their browser games!
I honestly think this is where the smart money should go... Creating a decent backend API for features that ALL GameMaker games can use (not just HTML5), and picking up the Publishing idea again that PlayTech so unceremoniously killed. I can't see them creating an HTML5 site for people to upload their games to like the old Sandbox though (that has some scary legal ramifications and would need to be moderated and be very secure, which requires a lot of money and effort), but I would LOVE to see YoYo Games Publishing rise from the ashes to publish GameMaker games.

GMWolf

aka fel666
There is absolutely no doubt whatsoever that this will be honoured, so don't worry. Just be aware that the licence is permanent for GMS2 and doesn't grant you any type of free update for GMS3 or future products... just GMS2 and all updates to that.
To be fair I felt kinda screwed into buying a new license when GMS2 came out.
I really Didnt feel like GMS1 was ever a fi ished product, and only 4 major revisions Came out before GMS2.

I really hope YYG is in for the long term with GMS2 and won't release GMS3, requiring everyone to get new licenses again like they did with GMS2.
But I think The fact they made major changes to GML, and brought in big features like sequences to GMS2 is an indication they are willing to develop it further.

GMWolf

aka fel666
I would love to see a HTML5 platform for GameMaker games, similar to the old sandbox.
And yes, yoyopublishing would be great too, to lower the barrier to professional game development.

Something I think everyone Forgot about was yoyo labs. I think it would be great for the to be revived, maybe even get some people working part time in it to develop demos, and find issues and points of improvement first hand in game maker. (I'm sure that if yoyo made a game relying on lots of shader features they would expand a little on the whole attribute binding stuff).

Finally I also hope that with the new owners YYG will FINALLY be able to let us write plugins for GMS2.
I still feel lied to about this.

samspade

A little late to the party, but I think this is a pretty accurate summary of how I feel about it (which I'm sure most people have seen by now):

What stands out most to me in all this conversation is that the biggest fears about what Opera might do were all true about Playtech as well. In other words, none of the negative things that could happen now are different than the negative things that could have happened in December. The fact that Opera is new could mean that they'll do bad things (that Playtech also could have done but ultimately didn't) but it's just uncertainty. There's been no indication they will. It could also mean that they will do great things. And since everyone with some amount of inside knowledge seems happy and objectively Opera seems at least as good if not a better fit than Playtech ever was, I'm more than happy to assume that this is a neutral to very positive change at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.