Game Jam Yoyo birthday jam

S

Skeletor

Considering there is an official link to a temporary license called 'GM20' on the jam page. I'd have to say it's real.

Chaser

I dunno, the link requests me to log in, which I haven’t (don’t need a copy of GMS), is the site real? Could be a way to fish someone’s logins details. I haven’t seen any official word, or any official names linked to it, so unless anyone officially at yoyo claims that this is a thing I would suspect it’s bogus. It’s quite a big thing I would say, why be so quiet about something as big as a 20th birthday?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
This IS an official YYG GameJam... :)

Just keep an eye out on social media for the official announcement.

:bunny::banana::bunny::banana:

S

Skeletor

Funny at there was (or is) no announcement leading up to this considering it starts in fourteen hours.

You'd think they'd hype it up a bit in advance rather than announce after it has begun.

I might give it a go though. Sounds like it would be a bit of fun.

rmanthorp

GameMaker Staff
Admin
GameMaker Dev.
Funny at there was (or is) no announcement leading up to this considering it starts in fourteen hours.

You'd think they'd hype it up a bit in advance rather than announce after it has begun.

I might give it a go though. Sounds like it would be a bit of fun.
Yeah, we went back and forward on that. Didn't want to show our hand too early with some of the birthday celebrations so we decided to make it start right away from announcement then have it run longer than a normal jam so people can take part as they please :)

also here is the announcement! https://www.yoyogames.com/blog/541/gamemaker-s-20th-anniversary

Last edited: