OFFICIAL YoYo Accounts Scheduled Maintenance (September 25th)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by rmanthorp, Sep 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. rmanthorp

rmanthorp YoYo Games Staff Admin YYG Staff

Hey,

Our YoYo Accounts and Marketplace web services will be down for scheduled maintenance on September 25th at 09:00 AM BST/10:00 AM CEST. This is expected to last approximately one hour.

GameMaker Studio 2 IDE logins will be impacted. Please ensure you are logged in before this time on the 25th to avoid any disturbance during the maintenance period.

We hope this we help prevent any further issues to our accounts service. Thanks.

Andy, GMWolf and JeffJ like this.
  2. JeffJ

JeffJ Member

Wait a minute... You're giving us a nice big heads up for this, and you're sending it out on email, social media and making a thread about it to inform everyone ahead of time? Who are you, and what did you do to YoYoGames?

No seriously, this is cool. Keep this up!

00.Archer, GMWolf and rmanthorp like this.
  3. Justice

Justice Member

I'm trying to remember the last time I would be completely unable to use software I bought because the dev is working on their server.

Telling us is nice but... YYG's really set themselves a low bar here.

4. JeffJ

JeffJ Member

Look, I'm probably the biggest YYG critic there is. Like, you have no idea how sick and tired they are of my sh..

But, seriously;

1: You're given 5 days heads up
    2: You can still use it, just sign into the IDE in advance
    3: Worst case, it's one hour
    4: This will hopefully solve the login issues which has been a huge pain for so many people for such a long time - so this would positively effect a lot of people for a very small price

On a principle level I agree, this shouldn't happen at all, and I guess in a case like this their DRM should be able to do some kind of dispensation where it will just allow login for the full hour or whatever. Definitely. But all things considered, I think this is very minor. And at least they do give proper heads up on all channels - I think they're handling this pretty damn well for once.

00.Archer and Kezarus like this.
  5. rmanthorp

All services have returned to us! We will be continuing some work on the Marketplace today, but it should still be up. Thank you for your patience during this time.

JeffJ likes this.
  6. rmanthorp

EDIT: We are back up again - please let me know if you have any further issues.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018