Youtuber keys idea

woodsmoke

If your game is on itch.io you have the option that reviewers can download free. (settings, press access)
Also I heard it's a good idea to search manually for youtubers who are into the genre you made.

D

Deleted member 467

Why not help start this? I mean, why not do a bit of research and add some Youtubers (big and small) and what genres they play and add them here?

andev

why not add some Youtubers (big and small) and what genres they play and add them here?
That's a good idea actually! I think I should probably email them first though, as they might not appreciate the cold calling...

My intention was more for GMC users to "sign up" to a topic, kinda like the mentors thing. Then the DMing could happen from within the community, and it would all be a bit more contained. But going and fetching them ourselves doesn't sound like a bad idea? If a moderator were to approve this idea and have it pinned, I'd be more than happy to get it going.

Dmi7ry

Do you want that the youtubers were be spammed with a lot of low-quality games? I don't think that is a good idea. They would hate GMC after some "hey, look at my first game".
But if you made really a good game, it won't be difficult to googling a few for find some youtubers.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
If a moderator were to approve this idea and have it pinned, I'd be more than happy to get it going.
Nope, sorry, I can't approve this... First there is the question of maintenance. A topic like that needs to be constantly maintained and updated, and in my experience this will happen for the first few months then stop as the user gets bored, moves away from GM, forgets due to other considerations (life, work, etc...) or any number of other reasons. My second reason is that such lists will never be of any REAL use, since contacting YouTubers about a project is only one aspect of marketing, and I don't think it should be getting more focus than contacting review sites, or using social media, etc... My final reason is that there are already sites that contain lists like this and these sites are far better than the GMC at presenting them, since they are only for things like this... for example this from VideoGameCaster (Part of the Pixel Prospector network): https://videogamecaster.com/big-list-of-youtubers

So, yeah, no... sorry, this is not something the forum will officially back...