• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

"Your license does not have this module enabled"

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Got a Mac today. Can't port my game. Can't even test run it, which test running does not require Xcode like building does in GMS2. I get the error "Your license does not have this module enabled". What the crap? I own the Desktop Edition. I tried to open a ticket on help.yoyogames.com and the submit new ticket link is no longer there. Double-what the crap?

What am I supposed to do now? I refuse to wait a million years for a email response that may or may not happen. I feel pretty upset about this...

rmanthorp

GameMaker Staff
Admin
GameMaker Dev.
That's OK. I understand. We've had this issue in the past and in both cases users were on old runtimes so deleting the runtimes and updating the latest fixed this issue. Let me know if that's any help.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

I just checked and yes, I am on the latest runtime. I don't have any old runtimes downloaded.

rmanthorp

GameMaker Staff
Admin
GameMaker Dev.
Ah sorry, then we will have to take it to the report and look at the logs. Good luck. I hope it gets sorted soon.

Dog Slobber

@Samuel Venable

Please consider this an olive branch.

I am both a Mac and Windows user and had a similar problem as you're experiencing, but it was a LONG time ago. The problem was caused by corruption within the runtimes and verifying that you have the latest or manipulating them from the IDE won't solve the corruption.

You need to delete the runtimes from the cached directory, specifically:

/Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes

remove them to force a new download.

I'm not sure if this will help. And for what it's worth to verify that my suggestion has merit, I got the solution tfrom the following Windows topic and then applied it to the equivalent Mac locations.

https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/cant-run-project-solved.12049/

S

Sam (Deleted User)

@Samuel Venable

Please consider this an olive branch.

I am both a Mac and Windows user and had a similar problem as you're experiencing, but it was a LONG time ago. The problem was caused by corruption within the runtimes and verifying that you have the latest or manipulating them from the IDE won't solve the corruption.

You need to delete the runtimes from the cached directory, specifically:

/Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes

remove them to force a new download.

I'm not sure if this will help. And for what it's worth to verify that my suggestion has merit, I got the solution tfrom the following Windows topic and then applied it to the equivalent Mac locations.

https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/cant-run-project-solved.12049/
I can't tell you how releived I am to see this. Thank you so much! As hard as it is to believe, this is all I wanted from the start, for us to get along. I'm very sorry for all the reports and stuff, it really came across like you were out to get me. I just didn't know how else to react, doesn't make it right. I hope you understand my frustration, because I do understand yours. I'll let you know if this fixes it. Words can't describe how stupid and shocked I feel right now. Please know how sorry I am!

Last edited by a moderator:

rIKmAN

Sam involved in drama again? Never! :p

Remember to update the topic when you've tried it Sam, there seem to be a lot of issues with the Mac IDE, most of the problems I read that are IDE related seem to be with the Mac version so if this fixes your issue it will no doubt help others.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Sam involved in drama again? Never! :p

Remember to update the topic when you've tried it Sam, there seem to be a lot of issues with the Mac IDE, most of the problems I read that are IDE related seem to be with the Mac version so if this fixes your issue it will no doubt help others.
Yeah I'm just tired of being a stoopid head. lol will do!

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Sadly, this didn't fix the problem. But I'm too happy to care as much about it right now after seeing @Dog Slobber both forgave me and tried to help when I was least expecting it. :D

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Having the same problem. Is there any solution yet?
Nope. I contacted the helpdesk and to this day they have been zero help to me. Thank God I have Windows, otherwise I would've paid $250 on a software I can't even use at all long-term after purchase. What the flip? C'mon, YoYo!

K

k so

Nope. I contacted the helpdesk and to this day they have been zero help to me. Thank God I have Windows, otherwise I would've paid $250 on a software I can't even use at all long-term after purchase. What the flip? C'mon, YoYo!
I opened the macOS file in GameMaker for Windows, and then ran/re-saved everything. Then, copying the Windows file back to the Mac, it mysteriously works now. Very werd.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

I opened the macOS file in GameMaker for Windows, and then ran/re-saved everything. Then, copying the Windows file back to the Mac, it mysteriously works now. Very werd.
I'll try that. Thanks for sharing!

Edit:

Nope. Still doesn't work for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Either log out inside the GMS2 IDE on your Mac, or close GMS2 and delete /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/um.json then open GMS2 and log-in again. See if this fixes.

If not, it's possibly a mono installation issue, but we would need a compiler log for when you get shown this error in order to know more.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Either log out inside the GMS2 IDE on your Mac, or close GMS2 and delete /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/um.json then open GMS2 and log-in again. See if this fixes.

If not, it's possibly a mono installation issue, but we would need a compiler log for when you get shown this error in order to know more.
I've tried all this already.

If you mean the compiler form contents, there's nothing in it. Compiling is disabled completely.