Discussion Your favorite OLD gamemaker games

I

InfernalBeast666

So, my favorite old gamemaker games are Vertigo 2 by jakex; Jetz Fusion + Rampage 4 and Infection by Shawn64 and some of Kimberly Kubus's games.

I remember playing Shawn's games when i had no internet (somewhere around 2006), i found them on a cd i bought in a shop.

Do you remember any cool old games from 2000s, made on gamemaker? o_O

Jetz fusion screenshot. Ah, good ol' days!

Changgi

Western Shootout, which was removed at some point even when the Sandbox was present. Also Sinewave was a good concept.

The former was an excellent vertical shooter and the latter had you using a mouse to create a trail to make a ball go up and down to collect point items and avoid obstacles. The latter was really creative imo.

Jabbers

Ore No Ryomi (Mr. Chubigans, which went onto to become the successful Cook, Serve, Delicious) and Another Day In The Life Of Bob (by Polystyrene Man).

Seiklus, Karoshi, Acidbomb, Ore no Ryomi, and Ark22 are all games I have fond memories of.

But Iji is an absolute masterpiece. Fantastic gameplay and so much replay value. It stands up to even the best of GM today.

gmx0

Some are already mentioned, but:
Sandbox of God
Space Time Continuum RTS
Iji
Acidbomb
Ark 22

There's a lot, but those are the ones people will remember.

Last edited:

Ninety

I've said before that Seiklis was the game that got me into game development and specifically GameMaker.

Ark 22 I could never get past the first couple of levels, because I was like 8 and useless at games, but I remember replaying the first ten minutes a lot because of how cool the intro and music was.

I don't know if anyone else would remember Umbrella Adventure: The Castle of Cake? All the Waxy games were great but UA was just stunning. Not many games like it.

Carnivius

Any of Pug Fugly's games (Ambush in Sector 9, Return to Sector 9, The Pyramid, Destructivator etc)
Any of Darthlupi's games (Raging Skies, MageCraft, Legend of Shadow, The Cleaner etc)
Any of Ultimortal's games (Hero, Hero Core, Iji, Hyper Princess Pitch, Muri, Retro Battle, Castle of Elite etc)

And lots of other games I can't quite remember all the names of. But yeah I get a bit annoyed when people say it's only recently that good games have been made with Game Maker. Some of the games mentioned in this topic are well over ten years old.

T

ThunkGames

Crime Life and Caveman Craig (couldn't buy games then so I just played the free ones on the sandbox).

K12gamer

Anyone remember RunMan?

There were many others, but this was the best. Played it quite a bit.
Cool...Never saw that game before (Just downloaded and played it from the developer's website)
Thanks for the link.

Anyone remember the dozens of classic remakes done by PJ Crozza
Link to his site:LINK

One of his best remakes was FROGGER

Freddy Jones

Your Main Detective
Adrenaline: http://www.playadrenaline.com/ -

Ruthless Quest Online.. :('

Pengy's Journey: This game was a simple masterpiece, wish there were actual screenshots:
https://web.archive.org/web/20111118051156/http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/24636-pengys-journey

Penguin's Under siege: Absolutely outstanding base defense platformer game. Super fun! -- On another note, Fallen Master was actually just a great developer. Here's his website: http://www.vd-productions.com/
https://web.archive.org/web/2011112...games.com/games/40688-penguins-under-siege-ii

DatZach

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Ooh I just remembered another, BlaXun's game Slime Online.
I was just about to mention this! This game plus it's community is the only reason I'm still programming today.
Weird but I have a lot to owe to this little game.

Also the classic Wanderlust: The Online Adventure, great game.

gmx0

Ark 22 I could never get past the first couple of levels, because I was like 8 and useless at games, but I remember replaying the first ten minutes a lot because of how cool the intro and music was.
I actually held off finishing Ark 22 for a couple years, then I remember Google existed, so I googled a walkthrough. I do not regret it. If you can't get past a level, just do that.

So, my favorite old gamemaker games are Vertigo 2 by jakex; Jetz Fusion + Rampage 4 and Infection by Shawn64 and some of Kimberly Kubus's games.

I remember playing Shawn's games when i had no internet (somewhere around 2006), i found them on a cd i bought in a shop.

Do you remember any cool old games from 2000s, made on gamemaker? o_O

Jetz fusion screenshot. Ah, good ol' days!
I love a Metroid like game named Zexas but even though I still have Zexas Zexas will not work on Windows 10 unfortunately (at least not right now). But Zexas is a fun game ;)

Gizmo199

Boingo! Lol. Jk that was my first sh***y game in like 06. I loved jumper, ark 22, seikilus, ya know the classics. I remember a game mr. Chubigans made where you were like plankton or sometl kind of under evolved character. It was a platformer and really pretty. I cant remember what it was called though. Lol. Oh and that 3d tank game fredfredrickson made. That was cool.

Lukan

Gay Wizard Freak
I don't think I've actually ever played any older GM games.
Any GM games that I have played were either for reviews or jams...

I'm looking forward to Vitality, because it looks awesomesauce. @MishMash
I'm also excited for Homestead, because turnips.

M

Moon_Shinex3

my favorite Old Game was Metroid Prime 2-D and Metroid Prime 2-D Echoes Demo 2 made by DG l lH4x0r l

i wish anyone could send me those games😔

I remember "The ultimate chuchu" -Platformer shooting little green men- and "Hard Hat" -A megaman clone but with the hardhat enemy as the protagonist. I should see if I can find where I put that dvd of gamemaker data :/

RekNepZ

GMC Historian
I truly loved Sparlatacus's Johnny series. They were so absurd and silly.
I've been going through some of those old weird games. Johnny, LaLaLand, and Tapeworm's fangames. It's actually getting me inspired to perhaps get back into game making just to make some weird artzy stuff of my own