You use GM:S "not for making games"?

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Let's see... level editors to help with making a game, database managers to help with making a game because I don't feel like using a full-fledged database backend and then somehow translate that into a GM-readable format every time I make changes... in general, anything to assist with making games where having a structure and management capabilities of the data I'm working that are similar to what the game itself works with may be helpful. Does that count as "not for making games"?

Z

zendraw

i think he meant more like some drawing program or somthing like that that doesnt nececerly has to do somthing wth making games. editors and such are strictly for games, maybe that database ur talking about is not strictly.

edit: perhaps he did mean a program that is not a game. well in that case i did make some level editors in the past. and i think its a nececery thing to do when game maker proves inconvinient for game dev.

Let's see... level editors to help with making a game, database managers to help with making a game because I don't feel like using a full-fledged database backend and then somehow translate that into a GM-readable format every time I make changes... in general, anything to assist with making games where having a structure and management capabilities of the data I'm working that are similar to what the game itself works with may be helpful. Does that count as "not for making games"?
I meant something like a calculator for example, thats the basic answer you can say. But no, I really meant programs that are not about games.

i think he meant more like some drawing program or somthing like that that doesnt nececerly has to do somthing wth making games. editors and such are strictly for games, maybe that database ur talking about is not strictly.

edit: perhaps he did mean a program that is not a game. well in that case i did make some level editors in the past. and i think its a nececery thing to do when game maker proves inconvinient for game dev.
Level editors are about games though :D
I've used GMS to make software that converts a PNG waveform into wavetable data I can use on microcontrollers, another one of my hobbies.

Thats something!