• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android You cannot change the game icon for Android :(

dawidM

Hello, I have created a game for Android, actually, I finished it, and wanted to publish it. Unfortunately, it seems that in gms2.3 you cannot change the icon, and you have to publish it with the default one. If you try to use a png file, it will throw the error: "The image selected has transparency. Please select a different image." On the other hand, if you try to use jpg or ico file, the error won't pop up immediately, but the game will not build. Maybe you guys found a way to do that. If I knew it beforehand, I would select a different platform, probably Windows instead of Android. The default icon looks pretty, but it doesn't look professional to use the icon of the engine for your game.

makas

Hello, I have created a game for Android, actually, I finished it, and wanted to publish it. Unfortunately, it seems that in gms2.3 you cannot change the icon, and you have to publish it with the default one. If you try to use a png file, it will throw the error: "The image selected has transparency. Please select a different image." On the other hand, if you try to use jpg or ico file, the error won't pop up immediately, but the game will not build. Maybe you guys found a way to do that. If I knew it beforehand, I would select a different platform, probably Windows instead of Android. The default icon looks pretty, but it doesn't look professional to use the icon of the engine for your game.
I have the same problem right now, I tried using a png image without transparency and didnt work, I even used a totally black solid image and still says the same about transparency is there anyway to fix this?