Windows Xentron Attack - Asteroids style game with 2 players co-op

hijong park

Runner 2020-07-24 15-31-45-278.png

Runner 2020-07-24 15-32-20-827.png

Runner 2020-07-24 15-35-50-098.png

Runner 2020-07-24 15-50-23-638.png

Runner 2020-07-24 15-47-15-691.png

Download : https://hijong-park.itch.io/xentron-attack

Xentron Attack is a multi-directional shooter inspired by Atari's Asteroids Deluxe.

The evil alien forces called Xentron have invaded your galaxy and spreading dangerous meteors and missiles in the space. It's now up to 2 elite fighters to clean up meteors and eliminate Xentrons to save the humanity.

Features :

- Vector graphics, No sprites were used.
- Fast-phased gameplay inspired by Asteroids Deluxe.
- Very Smart enemies who calculates your movements. Use shield and warp wisely.
- Every 3th waves feature special challenges. Fight with Xentron units and eventually destroy the bosses.
- Dock with special docking weapons to increase your firepower.
- Supports 2 players co-op. Play cooperatively or competitly for greater scores.
- Online Leaderboard to compete with other people. You must set 3 or smaller start lives, 10000 bonus score, and intermediate or harder difficulties to access leaderboard after the game is over.
- Supports Xinput controllers.

Note : This game requires quick and precise button pressing. Arcade Fighting sticks or keyboards are highly recommended and Gamepads can be the worst choice for this game.

K12gamer

Really good...I'll have to do some major practice to get on the leader boards...
Stunning effects...and ultra smooth control. The old school Asteroids game was one of my favorites.
This game is better than Asteroids because of all the extra enemies.

Video of me playing your game...(Note: I will get better...)

hijong park

Really good...I'll have to do some major practice to get on the leader boards...
Stunning effects...and ultra smooth control. The old school Asteroids game was one of my favorites.
This game is better than Asteroids because of all the extra enemies.

Video of me playing your game...(Note: I will get better...)

Glad you like it.

One important tactic is using shield and warp more frequently. Unlike the original game Warp (Hyperspace) doesn't randomly kills you and you always arrive at the safe spot, so If the situation gets too hectic Use the warp instantly.

Shield is also important when fighting with enemies, you can recharge it after the wave so there's no reason to save it.

hijong park

@hijong park

I put it on an easier skill level and did a lot better. I see I need to play at a harder level to make the leader boards.
I found that some people found this game too hard so I made a balance patch today.

- Shield is now easier to use. Pressing shield key will keep activating it and pressing it again or firing a bullet will deactivate it.

- The difficulty increases slower in novice mode to make it more easier.

- Balanced asteroids speed and enemy difficulties.

- Nerfed bosses but they will run away if you die. If you don't want to deal with bosses just sacrifice a life.

hijong park

- Increased Invinsible time after being spawned to 4 seconds from 1.5 seconds. However, Shooting or using shield and warp will deactivate the invinsibility.

- Reflectors now fire bullets for self-defending.

- After level 36 (First loop), The order of special waves become random.

- Reverted StraightForward control to the older version. moving with direction keys only was rather inconvenient and not precise.

I'm planning to release the game on steam, this will be the last post-steam update.

hijong park

I have made a major update before publishing it on steam.

- Added 2 New game modes : Dogfight mode and 1979 mode.

In Dogfight mode, you must fight with enemy ships and kill or capture the survived pilots for greater score.
1979 mode plays similar to the original Asteroids. You have slower movement speed and only can use Warp.

- Lots of bug fixes.
- Completely remade game difficulty to make it more forgiving.

hijong park

Xentron attack is now available on steam !