• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Windows Xentron Attack - asteroids clone (posted in Made with GM forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hijong park

Xentron Attack is an arcade game based on one of my favorite games, Asteroids Deluxe and some other asteroids style vector games like Space Fury, Solar Quest, Space Duel, and Star Castle. This project was first started to experiment the vector graphics for displaying objects without using sprites, and I eventually decided to make a more colorful version of Asteroids Deluxe with it.

Features :

- Extremely fast laser firing.

- Vector graphics. No sprites were used!

- Smart enemies who calculates your movements. flying in a straight line is a death wish.

- 2 players co-op.

Reactions: frd

hijong park

- Added more waves including a boss level.

- Added Stars in the background.

- Improved explosion graphics.

- Improved the player's controls.

I have spent several days improving the player's controls and optimization.
The game is nearly done except the leaderboard.

hijong park

- Decreased Friction a lot so you can drift around while shooting.

- Added New enemies : Plasma sphere, Drifter, TailHunter.

- Added Asteroids Noise that gets faster as you destroy the meteors.

- Balanced the game difficulty.

- Added 1 new docking armor.

- Added online leaderboard. Both player 1 and 2 can upload their score after the game is over. leaderboard is not available in easier difficulties.

This game is almost done, I'll release the test version after some more play testing and bug fixes.

hijong park

I decided to make Xentron Attack further ! I added the new mouse control mode and 4 more docking weapons. I'll add new enemies and bosses for the next.

D

DominionUniverse

This is really beautiful work, would be interested in testing!

hijong park

New version of Xentron Attack is released!

- Added 4 new enemies and 3 new bosses.
- Added musics.
- Added 4 new docking weapons.
- Added Mouse controls.
- Changed Straightforward control method - Press directions to move and hold thrust to stop.
- Lots of improvements in the game balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.