• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

iOS Xcode error "attemping to draw sprites" while exporting on iOS

S

Spiker

when I open my iPhone the screen is gray and nothing appears.
On windows and android it runs fine

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
iOS version? Xcode version? macOS version? Output log from GMS? Exact error you are getting? You give us zero information so there's little we can say...

S

Spiker

iOS version? Xcode version? macOS version? Output log from GMS? Exact error you are getting? You give us zero information so there's little we can say...
It took me a while but I fixed it.
The problem was that I imported my project from GMK 1.4
I created a new GMS 2 project and after 5 hours I copied every single thing and now it works.

...And by the way this was not the only problem that it fixed, now I can export it with extensions as well and many other things.

Please fix the way 1.4 imports to 2

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Please file a bug with the original 1.4 project and a description of the problems that you are seeing, that way we can fix the bug.

Obviously this is something that we are unaware of (or we would have fixed it already)

Russell

S

Spiker

Please file a bug with the original 1.4 project and a description of the problems that you are seeing, that way we can fix the bug.

Obviously this is something that we are unaware of (or we would have fixed it already)

Russell
I don't have the 1.4 project anymore.
The .apk would run perfectly on Android but while on XCode I was getting 100+ errors saying "Attempting to draw sprite".
Extensions like GooglePlayServices, Analytics, Facebook e.t.c. couldn't be unzipped by mac while I was using 1.4.
Now everything works for some reason.

Sorry but I don't have screenshots.