• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

iOS Xcode couldn't find a provisioning profile matching

K

kryneon

Could someone please help me with this compile error?

• GM 1.4.1763
• MAC OS X 10.11.6
• Xcode 8.21
• iPhone 5 OS 10.2

I've replaced the name of my game with "game"

I can confirm through Xcode that my device has the profile installed on it, and the Mac also has the profile in Library\MobileDevice\Provisioning Profiles\

Also If anyone knows, I'm not sure if I can contact YoYo for tech support with these sort of issues, or is that only for bugs?

Thanks in advance!

=== BUILD TARGET game OF PROJECT game WITH CONFIGURATION Release ===

Check dependencies
No profiles for 'com.kryneon.game ' were found: Xcode couldn't find a provisioning profile matching 'com.kryneon.game'.
Code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 10.2'

2017-01-22 17:00:47.276 xcodebuild[566:9193] Error Domain=IDETestOperationsObserverErrorDomain Code=3 "Test operation was canceled. If you believe this error represents a bug, please attach the log file at /Users/ec/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/game -cnekvdiazepextgnnergukpwxgxm/Logs/Test/20B88C6F-8874-4869-9180-F19BE07AD7BA/Session-game Tests-2017-01-22_170045-S5QIik.log" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Test operation was canceled. If you believe this error represents a bug, please attach the log file at /Users/ec/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/game -cnekvdiazepextgnnergukpwxgxm/Logs/Test/20B88C6F-8874-4869-9180-F19BE07AD7BA/Session-game Tests-2017-01-22_170045-S5QIik.log}

Testing failed:
No profiles for 'com.kryneon.game ' were found: Xcode couldn't find a provisioning profile matching 'com.kryneon.game '.
Code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 10.2'
** TEST FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
Check dependencies
(1 failure)
-----------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------
Compile finished: 12:00:49 PM

Also is the profile supposed to show in the Global Game Settings > iOS > Provisioning tab? Because it only shows my certificate. I've uploaded an image.

Attachments

T

Tomi Kokkonen

Sounds like a code signing issue that you have with xcode and it has not much to do with Game Maker. Are you using auto signing or manual?

K

kryneon

ever figure this out? I've got the same issue.
I found a workaround, it doesn't allow you to push the yoyo runner to your device but at least the app builds on the device. Try finding the project in xcode on your mac (game maker builds the project on the mac even though it can't find the profile) then run the game using xcode. This seems to build a proper provisioning profile, adds it to your phone with the app and then you can use game maker to push new versions to your phone after the first initial run.

Try the EA version and see if that works.
EA version had the same issue

Sounds like a code signing issue that you have with xcode and it has not much to do with Game Maker. Are you using auto signing or manual?
I think your right. As I said above I found that if I ran the game from xcode first it creates a new profile. The manual profiles I make don't seem to register. I'm not sure whether I'm using auto/manual.

T

Tomi Kokkonen

I think your right. As I said above I found that if I ran the game from xcode first it creates a new profile. The manual profiles I make don't seem to register. I'm not sure whether I'm using auto/manual.
I have attached two screenshots of one of my game's xcode settings. In another I have auto signing on and in another it's off. When it's off you can manually pick Provision Profile you like to use. When debugging with your local device you should populate one in Signin (Debug) and when you are releasing you should use one in Signing (Release).

I usually use automatic signing and it has worked well but sometimes I made a mess and have to manually select what provisioning profile I use.
signing auto on.png signing auto off.png