• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Xcode 8.1 EXC_BAD_ACCESS (code=1, address=0xd8) error

P

papadar

Hi all !
i'm running Gamemaker studio v1.4.1763 on win7

I got the attached error in xcode after exporting my latest build to xcode 8.1 ( macos 10.12.1 )
after trying to track this down in my own code,
I made an entirely blank project & get the same error when exporting to xcode
the game loads the title screen graphic, but fails to proceed.

Please help!

Attachments

F

Fritz

Hi papadar, I've just upgraded to 8.1 and I'm not seeing any issues running from 1.4.1763, on either Mac or iOS, YYC or non-YYC - did you log a bug with any more info?

P

papadar

Hey Fritz thanks for checking it out
I will log a bug now
Cheers,

Lodged although i am unable to find the bug in order to link it here!

Last edited by a moderator:

rIKmAN

Hi papadar, I've just upgraded to 8.1 and I'm not seeing any issues running from 1.4.1763, on either Mac or iOS, YYC or non-YYC - did you log a bug with any more info?
Do you fancy getting somebody to update this page so we can all make it look so easy?

P

papadar

ah! i am full of regret after updating my iphone
my 2009 macbook was cut off from updates & i've had to borrow a friends to even install xcode 8.1 to discover this issue!
thanks rikman for that link i'll be more cautious before updating in the future.

D

Drewster

My existing projects crashed with EXC_BAD_ACCESS when I built Xcode 8.1. I ended up deleting the DerivedData folder in ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData , which resolved the problem for me. Since then all projects have built without issues.

P

papadar

thank you!
i will try this & report back
long story! i have to borrow a friends macbook as mine has been cut off updates

Ok so a fresh install of everything,
Still getting the same exc_bad_access error !

I have no Developer folder in either
~/Library or ~/System/Library

P

papadar

After receiving the same error again with a new blank project in Gamemaker, ( only a room created & bundle id set in ios options)
I deleted all folders in ~/users/username/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData

I then received a new error when trying to build the same project in xcode;
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
( perhaps i deleted folders that should have remained)

creating yet another fresh Gamemaker project ( room created & bundle id set), sending to xcode, i get my original error once more,

Is there possibly another setting i have clicked / need to click in my installation of Gamemaker?

thanks

C

Chris Goodwin

Did you ever find an answer to this error in xcode 8? I am seeing the 'exact same' message in the same location in xcode as your screenshot above.

FYI: I am using the HeyZap, Google Analytics, and Share extensions...

P

papadar

Hey Chris, no i haven't found a fix for this yet,
Planning to try installing a fresh Gamemaker on another PC to see if my install is somehow corrupted

C

Chris Goodwin

GMS: 1.4.1763
Xcode: Tested on 7.3, 8, 8.1, and 8.2
Mac: OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
Export: iOS and iOSYYC

Creating a blank project with a single room and updating the bundle ID to work with my apple profiles and then File > Create Application.

Then in Xcode if I build to my device or simulator I get the error
EXC_BAD_ACCESS (code=1, address=0xd8)

I have tested on all the above versions, countless ideas and suggestions found around the internet (days of debugging here!) and that error still persists at startup of the app...
Currently I have no way of exporting from Game Maker to iOS (orYYC).
So I ask does anybody know how do to get Game Maker to work on iOS? (it worked fine before...)
This is a very time sensitive matter.
Thank you in advance for any help!

C

Chris Goodwin

Try just creating the xCode project and then opening / building that on the Mac, rather than trying to run it directly from GMS.
I created a few blank test xcode projects from inside xcode (nothing to do with GM) and these run fine on a device/simulator.
The error occurs when going from GM then opening it in xcode... Even if it's a new or previously working project from GM.

Here is a .zip with a few screenshots and output code from xcode.
http://www.filedropper.com/xcodegmerror

C

Chris Goodwin

YAY! Ok got it working. Here is the final set up that did it.

- Uninstall Game Maker 1.4.1763 (*You may be able to install EA 1.99... along side GM 1.4...stable (not tested) *if you use Android make sure your keystore file and information (in Preferences) is backed up!!!)
- Download and install Game Maker EA 1.99.525 from here http://store.yoyogames.com/downloads/gm-studio-ea/release-notes-studio.html
- Set everything back up in Game Maker so it works with your Mac (more info http://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/216753858-Develop-For-And-Distribute-To-iOS)
- Then do as you normally would in Game Maker then File > Create Application

Xcode: The version I used was 8.2.1 (https://developer.apple.com/download/)
I also updated the iPhone to 10.2 (Settings > General)

In xcode make sure to set the team(s)
Hit the Play button!

And I was good to go for a test on the iPhone
(seemed a bit more sluggish than usual, but optimization is the next step! Progress!)

Hope this helps!

rIKmAN

YAY! Ok got it working. Here is the final set up that did it.

- Uninstall Game Maker 1.4.1763
- Download and install Game Maker EA 1.99.525 from here http://store.yoyogames.com/downloads/gm-studio-ea/release-notes-studio.html
- Set everything back up in Game Maker so it works with your Mac (more info http://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/216753858-Develop-For-And-Distribute-To-iOS)
- Then do as you normally would in Game Maker then File > Create Application

Xcode: The version I used was 8.2.1 (https://developer.apple.com/download/)
I also updated the iPhone to 10.2 (Settings > General)

In xcode make sure to set the team(s)
Hit the Play button!

And I was good to go for a test on the iPhone
(seemed a bit more sluggish than usual, but optimization is the next step! Progress!)

Hope this helps!
Good stuff, glad you got it working.

P

papadar

Thank you Chris

following these instructions i've now got my game running on iOS once more.
I do have a couple new errors in Xcode, ( this first one appears in the Gamemaker compile window)
xcodebuild[914:47026] warning: The file reference for "usr/lib/libsqlite3.0.tbd" is a member of multiple groups ("Frameworks" and "Frameworks"); this indicates a malformed project. Only the membership in one of the groups will be preserved (but membership in targets will be unaffected). If you want a reference to the same file in more than one group, please add another reference to the same path.

seems like the error in xcode attached as error_04.png is related?

the one shown in error_02.png is new, does someone named Jenkins work at yoyo games?

the unused variable error 'appExpectation'
attached as error_03.png is not new, existed previously whenever i exported to xcode

good to see the new 'Default Team ID' option under the Mac OSX preferences but will this be getting the 'Refresh from Mac' button as in the iOS global Game Settings panel ?

thanks

Attachments

C

Chris Goodwin

For error_03.png just comment out that line with //XCtestex...
For error_02.png if you delete the TEST project from the left side pane AND in edit scheme > Build (delete the TEST one). It should resolve this one.
(this one if from memory) For error_04 I believe you can get the latested SDK from the newest xcode 8.2 that includes all the SDKs up to 10.2. I don't have my mac in front of me, but if you go to applications > right click xcode > view contents > then dig a few more folders (follow the path in the error) you will find where this file is. You can copy and paste a newer SDK from a newer version of xcode...
Sorry for the vague instructions here...

Glad to see you got it back on your device running!

Electros

In case it helps anyone, I found I was encountering this error on certain 10.x simulators - though not on some of the earlier simulators you can download (so I took screenshots with those).

The game ran fine on my iPad with 10.1, so hopefully just a simulator issue!

For error_03.png just comment out that line with //XCtestex...
For error_02.png if you delete the TEST project from the left side pane AND in edit scheme > Build (delete the TEST one). It should resolve this one.
(this one if from memory) For error_04 I believe you can get the latested SDK from the newest xcode 8.2 that includes all the SDKs up to 10.2. I don't have my mac in front of me, but if you go to applications > right click xcode > view contents > then dig a few more folders (follow the path in the error) you will find where this file is. You can copy and paste a newer SDK from a newer version of xcode...
Sorry for the vague instructions here...

Glad to see you got it back on your device running!
Greetings,

Could you please elaborate further on this, im encountering this frameworks double error (because the ios system is not working like everyone else in this thread) and im tyring to track down the cause and a solution.

im about to make an attempt with early access though i wont unstall the stable version, hopefully that wont come back to bite me.

thank you very much for this information.

C

Chris Goodwin

TIP: If you use extensions; A good place to start and easy to test is to right click and delete/remove all of your extensions inside Game Maker then > Marketplace Beta > My Library and add the extensions back.

(No need to delete or re-add assets [if your extension has them] Eg. scripts, objects, room.. only the extension found under the extension folder is necessary)
I have found this usually fixes issues. Not 100% sure why, maybe it needs to re-link the proper folders and files...