• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Released Wuppo; Boss Run (free Update)! ( unique hand drawn open world RPG platform adventure )

LEGOlars

Hello everyone! :D

I started working on this game about 7 years ago (no joke xD). And after many complete reboots, lots of adjustments and most of all hours upon hours upon hours of work, Wuppo will FINALLY release September 29th 2016!

I'm very curious what you guys think!

- Game available on Steam and GoG
- Free Demo (you can continue your demo file if you decide to purchase it after)

Wuppo is a mixture of RPG, platforming, puzzling, action and more. You fight numerous enemies, collect countless items, and solve immersive puzzles, all while exploring the detailed history of the world in your quest to find a new home. The entire project is made by my composer friend and me (we go by the name Knuist & Perzik).

Game description:
After losing its home, one lonely Wum must travel the length and width of the world to find a new place to live. From the metropolitan haven Popocity to the cavernous Bliekopolis, our Wum will discover magical places and encounter unique creatures. But this Wum is no ordinary hero and only by using wit and charm can it succeed in this massive journey.
Wuppo is a two man passion project, with hand-drawn visuals, animations, music, sounds and a huge world to explore.

FEATURES
  • Explore a wondrous world filled with Wums, Fnakkers and other strange creatures.
  • Resolve an ancient conflict on your quest for a new home.
  • Use items and social skills to overcome diverse challenges.
  • Fight numerous enemies, ranging from small, to big, to MASSIVE!
  • Collect filmstrips to discover the world's detailed history.
  • Enjoy an enchanting and memorable orchestrated soundtrack.
  • NEW: Unlockable Boss Run, where you can fight all bosses in 1 go and compete for the best score online!
Link to Steam page:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/400630/

Trailer:

Story Video:

UPDATE 15/12: New (free) major update: Boss Run!

Screenshots:

Last edited:
O

Opticrow

This looks awesome! I'm so glad I missclicked on it! Your topic title needs some more clickbait

F

FishyWhater

Holy **** this looks amazing. TAKE MY ****ING MONEY!

B

Braffolk

Wow that looks cool. Definitely looking forward to it

E

eltantillo

How much are you gonna sell this? I'll definitely borrow a copy

E

eltantillo

Thanks everyone :D

That's not fully decided yet. I'm curious though, what do you think would be a fitting price?
idk how big the game is or how much content you have in it but something between $5- $15USD will be good enough

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tirous

whatever price you choose id say to not base it on length or content.

If your game has sufficient content to properly explore its mechanics, then in no way should the price be bound to this quantity.
I am aware this is the one thing most children on steam cry about, but they often prove vary near-sited in there concepts, and thus often just cry this at games they didn't like, thinking its the cause.

So ya, whatever price you choose, dont base it on content or length... seriously... dont.
If a game is 2 hours long, i'm fully willing to pay $10-$15 on it if that's the time needed to fully explore its mechanics.

trg601

It looks so cute! And it has such a cute story to fit it! (And the music is fantastic)
I am definitely interested in purchasing this when it comes out.

I don't know how much content the game is going to actually have, so I'm not sure about the price, but I can tell you this:
I am very frugal when it comes to purchases, but if this was released for $5, I would probably buy it on the first day of its release.
You might also want to sell the soundtrack as a DLC.

I am curious, is there any plan for cooperative multiplayer gameplay? I know that seems out of the question for a game like this, but this also has the environment of a game that could be really fun with friends.

LEGOlars

Thank you guys for the replies :D

idk how big the game is or how much content you have in it but something between $5- $15USD will be good enough
There's quite some content. I think 8 hours is a safe bet on average playtime, but it really depends on your playstyle. We're doing some sort of BETA test right now which features about 40% of the games content. Some players have been enjoying themselves well over 8 hours with this already. We're kind of yoyo-ing between $10 and $15 :O

whatever price you choose id say to not base it on length or content.

If your game has sufficient content to properly explore its mechanics, then in no way should the price be bound to this quantity.
I am aware this is the one thing most children on steam cry about, but they often prove vary near-sited in there concepts, and thus often just cry this at games they didn't like, thinking its the cause.

So ya, whatever price you choose, dont base it on content or length... seriously... dont.
If a game is 2 hours long, i'm fully willing to pay $10-$15 on it if that's the time needed to fully explore its mechanics.
I agree with you! A game shouldn't be stretched out over 8 hours if that makes the mechanics repetitive/boring and therefore ruins the experience. A solid 2 hours is better than a worn out 8 hours. Luckily this shouldn't be a problem for Wuppo, as the game is about 8 hours long and I think the mechanics are versatile enough to keep the gameplay varied and interesting the whole time :)

This needs a Demo seriously Lol
You're right, haha. I think we might actually prepare one pretty soon :D

It looks so cute! And it has such a cute story to fit it! (And the music is fantastic)
I am definitely interested in purchasing this when it comes out.

I don't know how much content the game is going to actually have, so I'm not sure about the price, but I can tell you this:
I am very frugal when it comes to purchases, but if this was released for $5, I would probably buy it on the first day of its release.
You might also want to sell the soundtrack as a DLC.

I am curious, is there any plan for cooperative multiplayer gameplay? I know that seems out of the question for a game like this, but this also has the environment of a game that could be really fun with friends.
Thanks! Yeah the OST is probably going to fill about 3 CD's and it will be purchasable as DLC :D

As for cooperative multiplayer, I think it's a good idea and that it could work. But the core experience in Wuppo is more focused on exploring and getting to know the world and its history. We believe this works much better in a singleplayer format. So we decided to solely work on singleplayer, to try and create "the best way to experience the world" within the time we have. It's mainly a time-related decision though. I think multiplayer is definitely something to keep in mind for eventual future updates!

Freddy Jones

Your Main Detective
This just looks outright amazing. I'd love to play this game.

It reminds me something of what Ankama would make, but 1000% times better.

-- I also remember seeing the original wuppo cllips in 2010 and was blown away that it was game maker haha.

H

Heat4Life

This is not Available on Windows XP? "not hype... yet.. hehehe lol"

LEGOlars

This is not Available on Windows XP? "not hype... yet.. hehehe lol"
Shouldn't it work on all Windows systems as long as you have Steam? Especially if you're a gamemaker user, it really should work xD Do you have Steam and is it running with other games & did you get that message when trying to launch Wuppo?

H

Heat4Life

Shouldn't it work on all Windows systems as long as you have Steam? Especially if you're a gamemaker user, it really should work xD Do you have Steam and is it running with other games & did you get that message when trying to launch Wuppo?
Well, The Game Steam page said that you can run the game on Windows 7+ or something lol...

LEGOlars

Well, The Game Steam page said that you can run the game on Windows 7+ or something lol...
That's strange... Do you have any other GM:S games on Steam? If you have, maybe it helps if you try to download the demo from your Steam browser instead of internet browser? I dont know... :(

H

Heat4Life

That's strange... Do you have any other GM:S games on Steam? If you have, maybe it helps if you try to download the demo from your Steam browser instead of internet browser? I dont know... :(
Nah It works lol, It's just the Wuppo Steam page said operating systems: Windows 7+ or something...

LEGOlars

Nah It works lol, It's just the Wuppo Steam page said operating systems: Windows 7+ or something...
Ahhh I JUST realized that hahaha. We kind of ...just copied the required operating system from another GM:S game :p So are you actually using Windows XP? Then we can update the system reqs, hehe xD

Last edited:
H

Hamed

This project is truly unique and beautiful. It absolutely deserves more downloads than Undertale...

LEGOlars

Thank you guys so much! :D

UPDATE: If you want to help us find bugs in the BETA test, please sign up here: http://steamcommunity.com/games/400630/announcements/detail/812159631368384404
Bug reporters are extremely helpful and can help improve the quality of the game a LOT before release day, so it would be ver much appreciated! Plus you get to play the full game early ;) Sorry for being so late, today is actually the last day to sign up!

UPDATE 2:
We're also looking for a cool name for the ingame currency :D If you have any ideas, post them here! :D

Last edited:

trg601

I just tried out the demo! It was awesome, I can't wait for the release!

The one problem I had was that the game would get very slow at some times, which was making it harder to play, but most of the time it was fine.
I also noticed that the sprites seemed to not get smoothed if they were rotated, (like the main character at the start of the game, for example) and that might be something you would want to look into, though it isn't that big of a deal.

LEGOlars

I just tried out the demo! It was awesome, I can't wait for the release!

The one problem I had was that the game would get very slow at some times, which was making it harder to play, but most of the time it was fine.
I also noticed that the sprites seemed to not get smoothed if they were rotated, (like the main character at the start of the game, for example) and that might be something you would want to look into, though it isn't that big of a deal.
Hey! Thanks for playing :) If you're getting low fps, you should just move the smoothness shader down. The highest setting is pretty GPU intense, but you should be able to play on pretty much any machine with "smoothness" on 0.

In other news. THE GAME RELEASED NOW! I really hope you guys check it out, it's been a long road! :D
http://store.steampowered.com/app/400630/

T

THTerra

I am amazed. If i had the Money to buy it, i would totally buy it <3

E

Escher

Put it on my wishlist, just to get remembered, that there is sth, I want to play.
Don't knoe the word in english, or is it just called aquarell painted?! Rly nice artwork u did there.
Actually, I'm too much focused on learningand doing private stuff, but I will definetly play this game!!!

T

Tirous

I wish i could buy this, but god knows i'll probably not be able to... I never get to buy anything...

I mean even things i'm actively trying to get, like studio-ghibli's 'The tale of princess Kaguya' will still probably take years for me to get my hands on!...
But of course, thats just me...

Best of luck with your game lad! :D

Last edited:
G

Grimlock

Congratulations on your release! The game looks fantastic!

trg601

OMG! It has exceeded my expectations!
My sister and I bought it, and we have been trying to wait for each other so we are at the same part of the story, but it is just so addicting!

I would definitely recommend it to anyone interested.

It is very cute graphics, excellent music, and the most wonderful part for me was the world, it is very immersive, and there is quite a lot to do in the game!
It is very inspiring, do you plan to work on more games in the future?

Also, I bought the special edition bundle, which says it comes with the encyclopedia, artbook, and 10 wallpapers, but how do you access them? I can't find them through steam.

Last edited:

LEGOlars

OMG! It has exceeded my expectations!
My sister and I bought it, and we have been trying to wait for each other so we are at the same part of the story, but it is just so addicting!

I would definitely recommend it to anyone interested.

It is very cute graphics, excellent music, and the most wonderful part for me was the world, it is very immersive, and there is quite a lot to do in the game!
It is very inspiring, do you plan to work on more games in the future?

Also, I bought the special edition bundle, which says it comes with the encyclopedia, artbook, and 10 wallpapers, but how do you access them? I can't find them through steam.
Haha thanks! Glad you're enjoying it so much! :D :D
Steam is kind of strange with DLC. You can get to the files by: right clicking on the game in your library, then click on the tab "LOCAL FILES", then BROWSE LOCAL FILES...
In there you'll find the OST folders (Part 1 (...) etc), the Wallpapers in a folder called "Wallpapers"
and the encyclopedia is a file called "The_World_Of_Wuppo.pdf"
A bit weird how it ignored the folder hirachy we set up. I will try to fix that in the next update!

And yes, we'd love to make more games in the future. Hopefully Wuppo does well enough to make that possible! :eek:

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments by the way! :D

Last edited:

trg601

I actually had already looked through the local files, and I have no "Wallpapers" or encyclopedia file :/!
Are you sure it is included with the DLC?

Also, I haven't completed the game yet, I think I am very close but I am waiting to finish it, but I don't know if the blussers are ever really explained. I know some of them stayed around and you can find a few in the theme park, and you can find the small island too, but I feel like they could have more backstory...

So if you wanted to make a sequel/expansion to the game, there is an idea XD!

LEGOlars

I actually had already looked through the local files, and I have no "Wallpapers" or encyclopedia file :/!
Are you sure it is included with the DLC?

Also, I haven't completed the game yet, I think I am very close but I am waiting to finish it, but I don't know if the blussers are ever really explained. I know some of them stayed around and you can find a few in the theme park, and you can find the small island too, but I feel like they could have more backstory...

So if you wanted to make a sequel/expansion to the game, there is an idea XD!
Haha, the blussers have quite some backstory though. You can read what happened to them in some of the filmstrips :) But it would be cool to tell more about them, so thanks for the idea :D

If you go to Wuppo in your library, do you see all the DLC there with a checkmark that they are installed like this? Also check your downloads.

trg601

I don't have the soundtrack, as I got the special edition and not the ultimate edition. And it says I only have the shop DLC, even though the bundle says it comes with the encyclopedia and the artbook and the wallpapers.
If that is an error in typing, you should definitely fix it, because I bought the special edition because I wanted the wallpapers and encyclopedia and stuff, and it said the bundle came with it... I don't really care for the shop DLC anyway, so if that is all that is in the bundle, you might even want to change the bundle.
Make sure you are telling the truth when it comes to what is included with a purchase because you don't want a bad reputation for that.

Look at what is included in the bundle:
http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/1456/

Last edited:

LEGOlars

I don't have the soundtrack, as I got the special edition and not the ultimate edition. And it says I only have the shop DLC, even though the bundle says it comes with the encyclopedia and the artbook and the wallpapers.
If that is an error in typing, you should definitely fix it, because I bought the special edition because I wanted the wallpapers and encyclopedia and stuff, and it said the bundle came with it...

Look at what is included in the bundle:
http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/1456/
Oof... That's kind of bad. Mistake on our publishers end :X They are fixing it right now. I'm going to send you a private message with a free key for the wallpapers & encyclopedia. Sorry for the trouble!

In other news:
HAPPY TO SAY that we're in the gamemaker showcase now! :D

E

Escher

Damn it, bought the Ultimate Edition!
Saw a gameplay video for 1 ( ONE) minute and wanted the game! Instantly!

NazGhuL

NazTaiL
Your game looks fantastic. Will add it to my wishlist and buy it soon.

(You have a better positive/negative ratio than No man's sky.) :)