GML Visual Wrong room selected

Moderator Note: This was moved here from another sub-forum and another topic.

Hi.
Forgive me if I'm in the wrong forum, but I'm experiencing a "strange" situation, while I'm beginning a new scholar game. Every time I click the next button in the test mode, whose intended to jump to the next room, it jumps to a "random" room, in the way there are rooms needed to be used but they are ignored.
I'm working in DnD.problema_GMS.png
What should I do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi.
Forgive me if I'm in the wrong forum, but I'm experiencing a "strange" situation, while I'm beginning a new scholar game. Every time I click the next button in the test mode, whose intended to jump to the next room, it jumps to a "random" room, in the way there are rooms needed to be used but they are ignored.
I'm working in DnD.View attachment 29822
What should I do?
Yeah, hi there. This should be posted in the programming forum. If you click on the little "Report" button at the bottom of your post, you can send a message requesting this post be moved to the programming forum.

I would think the problem is because you are using the Left Down Event. If your game speed is set to the default of 60, this event will be happening 60 times a second if you hold the mouse button down. What you should try is using the Left Pressed Event, which just triggers one time when the mouse button is pressed.

If you are using Left Down, and this object is in all of your rooms, it might be that this event is triggering rapidly and moving you through multiple rooms at a time.

If you ever get unexpected behaviour, it always pays to check the Manual for the commands you are using. The info on this Event can be found here: Left Down