• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Linux Wrong executable format (Ubuntu)

R

RobotoSkunk

Hi, I'm trying to run my game on Ubuntu 14.4 using VirtualBox to emulate an Ubuntu computer. This problem did not happen to me in Game Maker Studio and it started happening to me when I switched to Game Maker Studio 2
Can someone please help me with my problem? The error that appears in the terminal of Ubuntu is the following:

Code:
bash: ./runner: cannot execute binary file: Wrong executable format

S

Sam (Deleted User)

in a specific version of GMStudio 2 the 64-bit runner was introduced and it replaced the 32-bit one. You need a 64-bit operating system to run it.

Edit:

are you going to answer my questions i had for you in my file manager topic? no pressure, just wondering.

R

RobotoSkunk

in a specific version of GMStudio 2 the 64-bit runner was introduced and it replaced the 32-bit one. You need a 64-bit operating system to run it.
Oh rays, is not there a way to make it work on 32-bit Ubuntu, too?
I will also check what you told me about your File Manager extension (which by the way is great that extension)

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Oh rays, is not there a way to make it work on 32-bit Ubuntu, too?
I will also check what you told me about your File Manager extension (which by the way is great that extension)
Unfortunately, there is no way to build for 32-bit unless you use GMStudio 1.4 or a different game engine all together.