Linux Wrong executable format (Ubuntu)

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by RobotoSkunk, Apr 17, 2019 at 4:14 AM.

1. RobotoSkunk

RobotoSkunk Member

Hi, I'm trying to run my game on Ubuntu 14.4 using VirtualBox to emulate an Ubuntu computer. This problem did not happen to me in Game Maker Studio and it started happening to me when I switched to Game Maker Studio 2
    Can someone please help me with my problem? The error that appears in the terminal of Ubuntu is the following:

Code:
    bash: ./runner: cannot execute binary file: Wrong executable format

2. Samuel Venable

Samuel Venable Time Killer

in a specific version of GMStudio 2 the 64-bit runner was introduced and it replaced the 32-bit one. You need a 64-bit operating system to run it.

Edit:

are you going to answer my questions i had for you in my file manager topic? no pressure, just wondering.

3. RobotoSkunk

RobotoSkunk Member

Oh rays, is not there a way to make it work on 32-bit Ubuntu, too?
    I will also check what you told me about your File Manager extension (which by the way is great that extension)

Samuel Venable likes this.
  4. Samuel Venable

Samuel Venable Time Killer

Unfortunately, there is no way to build for 32-bit unless you use GMStudio 1.4 or a different game engine all together.