• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Would someone please run a short test on Ubuntu for me? [solved]

I need some help with something that might be a bug or not.

Hi.

I got this small test project ...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s6gi6yke3mpvl04/GLSL_test_a.yyz?dl=0
... to test something that might be a bug on Ubuntu. However my Ubuntu Test computer is an 11 years old Laptop and I wonder if the bug is just my test hardware being too old.

If I run this test project an image should be drawn and a simple GLSL ES / GLSL shader is tinting the image red like this:

This works fine on my regular Windows 7 machine and on my Android devices.
However on my Ubuntu Laptop the image is not being tinted. But if inside the fragment shader the qualifier "highp" is removed, then the shader works as it should.

My conclusion is that either my Ubuntu Laptop is too old or there's a bug with the precision qualifiers.

So would anyone be so kind to test this project file on Ubuntu for me and tell me if the image is tinted red?

I'd like to know before filing a bug report. So could anyone please test the project linked in the post on Ubuntu? It'll only take about 5 minutes:
  • Download the project file
  • Import
  • Run on Ubuntu
  • Tell me if the image is untinted or tinted red like above
  • Done :)

W

Wraithious

Sorry I dont have ubuntu, apparently it looks like people here don't either but you could try posting this over on redit, or search for an ubuntu forum, they would be able to help you

Mick

I'd like to know before filing a bug report. So could anyone please test the project linked in the post on Ubuntu? It'll only take about 5 minutes:
  • Download the project file
  • Import
  • Run on Ubuntu
  • Tell me if the image is untinted or tinted red like above
  • Done :)
I tested this on my Ubuntu virtual machine and it behaves the way you describe, with 'highp' it doesn't work, when 'highp' is removed the picture is tinted red.

Last edited: