1. Hey! Guest! The 33rd GMC Jam will take place between May 23rd, 12:00 UTC (Friday noon) and May 27th, 12:00 UTC (Monday noon). Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Windows Worst Idle Game Ever

Discussion in 'Made with GameMaker' started by MeSako, Dec 31, 2018.

1. MeSako

MeSako Member

I've made an idle game, just to se if I could.. ..
    I don't know if it is good, or worth any ones time. But I would like some constructive feedback. :)

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=49805140832958546498

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Left Mouse Button: Increase stat
    Right Mouse Button: Decrease stat

--EDIT--
    Upgrades have been made..
    Some tweeks here and there.
    Load Time is now affected by the global multiplier (as was intended from the beginning).
    Added Stars in the background.
    Added a secret wish button that, once found, gives some extra well needed temporary assistance.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  2. Black_Tie

Black_Tie Member

Hi i tried your game but i couldn't catch the objective when i do nothing it still hits the square thingy then explodes sorry about it i want to make constructive feedback but this is i got :). Still it looks good.

3. MeSako

MeSako Member

Thanx for showing interest :)

It's an Idle game..
    It's how they work. You let it run while you do other things. Then you spend the currency the game have earned for you to upgrade your attacks.
    The enemy gets stronger and stronger for every one of them that gets destroyed. Then, when you can't progress, or feel like every kill takes to long, you press restart. The game restarts, but your attacks get a bonus (depending on how far you went before the restart), and you are there for stronger from the start (compared to last time), your total bonus is on the top of the screen. And thus you can get further this time.

The point of it is that there is no other point than to get as far as possible.

4. Black_Tie

Black_Tie Member

Now i got the point thanks for explaining to me i dont tried idle game before i think maybe i tried i dont know. I will try again.

Edit//
    Yes its a very cool game i think. Maybe try to speed things up bullets are pretty slow i know you can speed up the bullets but still its too slow in my opinion you can make the health bar of the cubes more anyway cool game...

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  5. MeSako

MeSako Member

Thanx for your feedback :)

6. Samuel Venable

Samuel Venable Time Killer

Is the portrait ratio implying this might go on mobile? the idea of an idle game sounds like something that would be convenient for a platform you could pick up and take with you. :)

7. MeSako

MeSako Member

I had mobile in mind, hence the format, but I have never done anything for mobile..
    And I need to work out how to (and if I should) make it so it keeps going even when the game is not on (as standard for idle games)..

So I might try to work these things out.

8. Samuel Venable

Samuel Venable Time Killer

That may be possible with writing an extension, but I'm not so sure about pure GML. I'm not very experienced at writing mobile extensions, but you might be able to get help through a paid service, I recommend contacting @zbox

Also I talked with him about what he charges and it is pretty much a steal for the quality level he shoots for as a standard, (I mean just look at how complex his extensions are and how many extensions he's made!)

zbox likes this.
  9. MeSako

MeSako Member

I have no idea how any of that works..
    And I was looking at the price on GG own mobile toolkit, and thats 200$!! And that's on sale!! :eek:
    So I'm not buying that any time soon..

10. M4nu

M4nu Member

Hi there,
    So I found the retro graphics appealing, which went well with the simplistic sounds. Reminds me of a tower defense type of game that was gaining popularity in 2011-ish; it was a game that produced these futuristic sounds each time a block was destroyed, which kinda created a symphony of different sounds at the same time. That game had quite the success but I cannot remember its name. If you leave your game playing it's somewhat like you are assisting to a minimal tune composition which is somewhat relaxing.... As for the game play, I cannot really say. It's the first time I play an "idle game". According to Wikipedia , some clicking should be involved, at least at start but half the time I did not know what was going on. You could for example animate the bits around the bullet generator to give them more meaning as to what functions they have; and add a bit of interactivity. It needs to be more expressive, whether you introduce a short animation before the start of the game or you add some instructions. Hope it helps.