• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Workspace Questions/Suggestions

G

Gelidity

So I just recently got into seeing whats new in GMS2 and am really liking it so far. The Workspace feature is very nice. I'm one who benefits greatly from such a visual representation of a project.

There are a couple things that I believe would improve this feature. I wasn't able to find a way to do it if they are already possible.

1. Save and load individual Workspaces. Perhaps if they were a resource on their own this would be easy. I know this can be done by saving and loading layouts, but that overwrites all the Workspaces you currently have open. It would be great to be able to open them one at a time as needed.

2. Manually link two boxes in the Workspace. This is done automatically with objects and events, but being able to select two boxes and then connect them together manually would be useful. For example linking one script to two other scripts that are closely related.

Does anyone know if these are already possible somehow?