• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Workshop Basics

A

ainz94

How do you drag the background screen in the workshop?

For example when creating a room or editing a sprite.
To explain more,
SPRITE EDIT - When I've edited a sprite and I've had to zoom in for finer details, it then cuts off the surroundings (Which it would while zoomed) but I then can't seem to move the image as its always centred, so i can only edit where it zooms in, which is also automatically zoomed to the centre.
ROOM EDIT - When I've created a large scale room (Bigger than the workshop screen), it cuts off the screen as it would! but it is in a fixed position and unable to move, therefore i cannot edit what is off the screen.

Simple question with most likely a simple answer but i can't seem to work it out🤷‍♂️. Appreciate the help for a noob to GMS👍

chamaeleon

Thank you 👍 makes sense as I'm using the laptop and just the touch pad.
Then you are hopefully aware of the Laptop mode button in the toolbar which allows you to drag things around by holding down Alt while moving your finger on the touchpad?

A

ainz94

Then you are hopefully aware of the Laptop mode button in the toolbar which allows you to drag things around by holding down Alt while moving your finger on the touchpad?
I am now 😂 cheers bud, saved me a lot of frustration.