Windows Working with nightmarish compatibility tile layers..

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by Dusk Charmant, Dec 5, 2018 at 4:14 AM.

1. Dusk Charmant

Dusk Charmant Member

It took me weeks to get my 1.4 game to even run in GM2, but now I'm stuck on an even bigger problem. I've been trying to edit the rooms for my project and a lot of my rooms are quite large, and deal with different tilesets. However, since I have a new depth system (where the player can walk in front of and behind trees), I have to remove the tree tiles from my room and add in objects to replace the trees for this depth system to work.

The problem is, the tiles in Game Maker studio 2 are now contained in, 'Compatibility tile layers' where there are tens of thousands of layers in each compatibility layer. I believe that each time I 'clicked' down a tile in GM 1.4, these have been converted to separate layers.

There are a whole bunch of problems here:
    1) The room editor is insanely slow and laggy, and sometimes crashes (because it's dealing with tens of thousands of layers of these 'compatibility tiles')
    2) In each compatibility layer, I can't organize the tens of thousands of layers by tileset, so I've been trying to go in and delete them individually (which takes tens of hours).

I thought I could maybe go back to the rooms I created in Tiled and convert them to GM2, but I could only find a simple program called GMTiled, which can only use one tileset at a time and is prone to mix up tilesets and put them in weird places.

Any idea on what to do?