Discussion Working on projects while feeling ill.

There seems to be pros and cons to this...
I had a terrible fever and was so sick that I could only stand in the corner of my hallway and look at the paint. When I was relieved after a while —bad experience— I decided to try and work on my project to attempt to ignore my symptoms. I was able to get some very tedious "busy work" done that did not require much creativity, but I was feeling upset with some of my completed "creative" aspects (for which had long been done, but because I felt so horrible it seemed to change my outlook). After all of that, I saw my completed work in a more proper light again —strange.

woodsmoke

It's interesting to work on your project with different mindsets.
Viewing your creative work with a fresh pair of eyes after a longer time span always helps a lot.

Sk8dududu

My wife is so incredible when I'm sick. I get a serious case of the "man cold" occasionally and she helps a lot with our daughter and nursing my back to health. Lol
I can't even play games when I'm sick, never mind work on one. But I do keep a notepad around me to write down ideas and I often do a lot of brainstorming when I'm ill. Whether that is for games, art, songs or whatever.
The different headspace really does give you a new outlook on old things. But I see it as a positive thing. When I get better I'll know if it was actually a good idea or if I took to many drugs.
Speaking of which, is also a great way to give your self a different headspace for some creative energy.

My wife is so incredible when I'm sick. I get a serious case of the "man cold" occasionally and she helps a lot with our daughter and nursing my back to health. Lol
I can't even play games when I'm sick, never mind work on one. But I do keep a notepad around me to write down ideas and I often do a lot of brainstorming when I'm ill. Whether that is for games, art, songs or whatever.
The different headspace really does give you a new outlook on old things. But I see it as a positive thing. When I get better I'll know if it was actually a good idea or if I took to many drugs.
Speaking of which, is also a great way to give your self a different headspace for some creative energy.
I'm always writing notes into my phone or whatever. And at times when I shouldn't be, but who wants to forget an idea...