• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Working on an Android extension and need help

Z

Ziphold

Good day!
I'm trying to implement the latest AdMob's rewarding video ads into my game. Frankly, I don't even care if user watched the whole ad, my focus is just displaying it. The official documentation is quite good, so as far as Java programming goes, I don't thing I would have any issues.

This is the tutorial link (Just setting up ads)

Setting things up to work with gamemaker is my weak spot. Following the first lines of the tutorial, I added the following text to "Inject to gradle dependencies" in Extension properties tab:
Code:
compile 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads:12.0.1'
This is the message my compiler tells me when I run the app:
Code:
A problem occurred configuring project ':com.companyname.rewardTest'.
> Could not resolve all dependencies for configuration ':com.companyname.rewardTest:_debugApkCopy'.
   > Could not find com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads:12.0.1.
     Required by:
         project :com.companyname.rewardTest
I think this is happening because I didn't add the Maven directive. This is the example the official documentation shows:
Code:
allprojects {
    repositories {
        jcenter()
        maven {
            url "https://maven.google.com"
        }
    }
}
But where do I add this? Build.Gradle? When I open game maker's build.gradle file in Appdata/Roaming, there is nothing in the lines of repositories { } where I could add the Maven directive.

If anyone has experience with android extensions and setting things up please help.
Also, if anyone tried to implement Google Reward ads, I would be really thankful if that person shared some of their code.

In advance, thank you.

W

Wraithious

Hello, many many people have had issues with admob, I highly recommend Unity ads by Hanul it's definitely working nice and is free and very simple to set up, there's only like 2 or 3 functions. It's not in english so just click the translate page button when you visit the marketplace link.