• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX working off line with mac

So due to a massive storm on east coast USA, I have no internet. I’m wondering which, if any pieces of GMS2 need internet access —in the background i suppose—because my project is contantly stalling no matter what kind of task... Anybody know. thx

F

FormalCloud

So due to a massive storm on east coast USA, I have no internet. I’m wondering which, if any pieces of GMS2 need internet access —in the background i suppose—because my project is contantly stalling no matter what kind of task... Anybody know. thx
From the FAQ:
Does GameMaker Studio 2 require an internet connection?

When you first install GameMaker Studio 2 you will be required to have an internet connection to log into the product and download any additional runtimes. After that you can use the product offline, although you will be required to connect again every few weeks to verify the account using the product. Note, though, that by not being connected you will not be able to access various features like Account Management or the Marketplace, nor will you receive any updates to the IDE or the runtimes.

12ashbaker

I think this is a bug, every time I open Game Maker Studio 2 after it is completely closed and I am not on wifi it doesn't work at all. I have to be on wifi. Also almost every time I open up Game Maker Studio 2 after it is completely closed when I am on wifi it makes me log in.

I think this is a bug, every time I open Game Maker Studio 2 after it is completely closed and I am not on wifi it doesn't work at all. I have to be on wifi. Also almost every time I open up Game Maker Studio 2 after it is completely closed when I am on wifi it makes me log in.
I was aware of marketplace access and the like (the need to be connected for that)... My issue is that I stall for about 2 minutes at a time every time a do something simple in the ide... Was there any very recent updates/runtimes, etc.?

Ok. So I’d never bothered to check if I was logged in or not, and I was. When I attempted to launch, I was prompted to login—which I could not do without internet— and it did not launch for “offline” use... Im going to wait to report it as a bug until I see what happens when my internet is restored. The reason being that there might be a possibility that mac needs other things working in the background vis internet connection.