3D Workflow, importing 3D models

M

maelstrom

I'm really keen to import my 3D models into GM, but the information on doing so seems scarce.

The best I've found so far is a script from Martin Crownother that exports from Blender into GM, which is fine.

Where I'm scratching my head is, my models use materials - just simple coloured areas of the 3D model, not textures, deliberately simple looking like Crossy Road. I don't need any advanced texturing.

My question is, does anyone know a method for importing .OBJ models, maintaining that colour / material information, so GM can display the model in all of its colourful glory?

Or would I have to resort to a UV map instead?

Khyze

I'm really keen to import my 3D models into GM, but the information on doing so seems scarce.

The best I've found so far is a script from Martin Crownother that exports from Blender into GM, which is fine.

Where I'm scratching my head is, my models use materials - just simple coloured areas of the 3D model, not textures, deliberately simple looking like Crossy Road. I don't need any advanced texturing.

My question is, does anyone know a method for importing .OBJ models, maintaining that colour / material information, so GM can display the model in all of its colourful glory?

Or would I have to resort to a UV map instead?
Well, this may not be what you want but i guess it could be usefull, you need to export every animation (If you want) or every frame to an .obj file, is easy with Blender (He even write how is made)

Then convert it on a .bao file to use it in Game Maker Studio (It uses a Shader), is a little bit annoying but is very usefull, it doesnt lag too much and is very smooth :p, I watched so many ways on how to import 3D Models, and this is the fastest one, believe me :p

http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=609490

I

icuurd12b42

GMModelFix converts the material color to point/facet colors. see my tools page