Windows Won't Install

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by SimSHOM, Feb 5, 2019.

1. SimSHOM

SimSHOM Member

I am trying to download this, but it is says "GameMaker Studio 2 is already installed. Click OK to remove previous version or cancel to cancel this update." When I click OK, it closes and nothing happens. I searched for "Gamemaker" in This PC and nothing (except the installer) was there. Please help!

2. rIKmAN

rIKmAN Member

Try following the steps in this guide to remove everything, then reboot and try to install it again.

Make sure there is no AV or similar software active that may be interfering with the installation process.

3. SimSHOM

SimSHOM Member

I did and I still can't install it.

4. rIKmAN

rIKmAN Member

Which version of Windows are you running?

Is it fully up to date via Windows Update?

5. PlayerOne

PlayerOne Member

I think I may know the problem. Check your computers C drive and find game maker 2 (+ version number) and see if the uninstall.exe application is in there.

6. SimSHOM

SimSHOM Member

Win 10 and yes.

7. SimSHOM

SimSHOM Member

I ran the uninstaller when I first got rid of it. it's not there anymore.

8. chance

chance predictably random Forum Staff Moderator

I've had similar sounding problems when I install a new version/update. During the installation process, the dialog box somehow gets hidden for some reason after I select "OK". As if it's underneath another window, or just not visible.

Make sure there are no other windows open, except those from the installer. And if the dialog box closes unexpectedly, try minimizing any other Studio windows to make sure it's not hiding underneath.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  9. steveyg90

steveyg90 Member

I also have this problem now with the latest release, click ok to remove previous version and it does nothing???