• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Won't Execute my Game[SOLVED]

J

Jaco

Hello I have an issue that just popped up. .

Was working in Game Maker Studio 2 all day on my project, closed it down this evening and when I opened it up there was an update. So I installed the latest version and relaunched into my project.
However now when I click on the run button to simulate my game nothing happens, same if I try and use the debugger?
I added an image of my screen right after I click on the run button.
No errors, nothing even happens in the output at the bottom?
I tried making a new project and running with just an empty room but I am stuck with the same issue.

Any ideas of what might be the problem?

Attachments

I had the same problem after installing the latest update.
Click the icon top-right, there should be a message about the runtime. Click on that, in the next window switch to the latest runtime.

You can also do this via File -Preferences - Runtime Feed - Master

J

Jaco

I had the same problem after installing the latest update.
Click the icon top-right, there should be a message about the runtime. Click on that, in the next window switch to the latest runtime.

You can also do this via File -Preferences - Runtime Feed - Master
Thank you so much! It works! :D