• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Windows Wolf Tower [72h Pre Made Jam]

S_Kleer

Logo.png
This game was made specifically for 72h jam "Pre Made Jam" and gain 1st place.
(This is not a very big game, which takes 5-10 minutes to complete.)​

Description:
Wolf Tower it is platformer game, where wolf must save a foxy!
Every level height of tower will growth and appear new enemies.

Controls:
Move: ←, →, A, D
Jump: X, Space
Fullscreen: Alt + Enter
Esc: Back to menu / Exit

Screens:
1.png 2.png

3.png 4.png

- Fixed bug when level not restarted after "Time out"
- Now you can exit from the game by pressing Esc in the menu
- Now you can go to menu from credits by pressing Esc
- Slightly improved text outline
- Added additional keys for controls (A, D, Space)
- Added help to the menu
- Added grass to background in menu and credits

Page for download

I hope you like it.
And waht do you think about contols. Does anyone need a different controls? Or should I just make a full menu?
In truth, I don’t really want to touch the initial jam project, but I can do it if you need it.

Last edited:

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
This is a nice little arcade-style game. The idea of a platformer game on a rotating cylinder (the castle) is fun. And nice job on the simulated 3D effect.

The goal seems pretty straightforward so it doesn't require much explanation. The controls are fine for me. Pretty standard key choices I guess. But every game should list the controls at the start, IMO. That allows the game to stand alone (without needing a forum post to explain the controls).

Also, I'd mention somewhere that <Esc> will restart the game if it "times out". Maybe when time out occurs?

I only got to the second level so far. I'm not very good at precise jumping etc. So I'll try again later. But overall, good game.

S_Kleer

@chance, Thank you for feedback!

Also, I'd mention somewhere that <Esc> will restart the game if it "times out". Maybe when time out occurs?
Damn! It can't be! There should be an automatic level restart! My perfect game is broken! :eek:
And where did this bug come from... I checked everything and everything worked!

And it is strange that I did not indicate the Esc key in the description of the game...
I need to be strong in spirit to make a mini patch. But I have a spaghetti code there. :)

S_Kleer

Today I updated my game!

Changelog

- Fixed bug when level not restarted after "Time out"
- Now you can exit from the game by pressing Esc in the menu
- Now you can go to menu from credits by pressing Esc
- Slightly improved text outline
- Added additional keys for controls (A, D, Space)
- Added help to the menu
- Added grass to background in menu and credits

You can download the new version on itch.io page.

C

Cutix3

Pretty fun indie game, the music does match the game, it's pretty cool :3