Discussion Wizard Battle Discussion Topic

A

Aura

This is the discussion topic for Wizard Battle where we can chat, joke, offer alliances, plot, draw silly pictures, threaten other wizards to violent gory deaths - anything! Also even if you're not currently on the play list or even reserve list don't be afraid to post what what you think or whatever, this topic's here to discuss!
Wizard Battle: Wrath

Wizard Battle: Aftermath (Part 2)

Wizard Battle 4: Aftermath (Part 1)

Wizard Battle 3: Rebirth

Wizard Battle 2

Wizard Battle 1

Wizards: The RPG

Old WB Discussion Topic

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TheUltimate

A

Aura

@TheUltimate: Nice to see you here!

I'm not rougebare. I was willing to host an installement of WB on the last GMC when the last installment, WB: Afterlife died due to going-to-happen-now forum upgrade updates. And then they took it down and I had to wait for this place to come up. :)

P

ParodyKnaveBob

Second! (lol)

Hey, Ult, your first link needs a life potion or fairy or something. It's broken.

Ninja'd! ...by some 4 minutes...then not updated to say so for some 20 minutes due to getting distracted by the lack of :ninja: icon which I was going to use for the first time ever ever. $:^ b

A

Aura

(I believe that in the other iterations, the moderator would provide some universe for the players to start off in, but I can work with this :p)
I thought that not providing a starting scenario would help wizards to be more imaginative with what happens with them initially. x3

Could somebody redraw the logo BTW? The current one looks really bad. (I guess @Ninety might help, seems to be obsessed with making logos ^^")

Lukasmah

Rouge said he'd continue the game here. The last version didn't even get a proper end of the universe. Was there a change of plans or have you decided to make it without him?

A

Aura

Rouge said he'd continue the game here. The last version didn't even get a proper end of the universe. Was there a change of plans or have you decided to make it without him?
I actually had no idea about that. I hope he doesn't mind. ~~"

A

Aura

Are starting actions a guaranteed 4 like in some iterations?
Yes. That is why the Goal section says, "Your first roll after a (re)spawn is always a 4."

Oh, and I'd add a link to the old discussion topic if I were you.
I'll do it. x3

@roytheshort: What is the name of your character? Is it the same as in earlier installments of WB?

A

Aura

Make the letters shaped like objects related to the wizards.
Apart from that, it'd be great if the logo contains a wizard to the left casting a spell, but that's completely optional. You creating a logo is a great help per se. ^^'

G

Guest User

I was working on this earlier~
You should still use Ninety's (I think it's much better); thought I might stick this here anyway though.

R

rougebare

As to Aftermath, I was actually planning on resuming it earlier this week, but some complications have unfortunately arisen. I came on today to attempt to resume to find a new installment was already active. That said, I was NOT expecting this long a forum upgrade, so part of the delay was finding all my notes again.

EDIT: Additionally i did mention several times in the game thread, and probably in the discussion thread too.

S

Snail Man

Nice to see a new discussion topic, but unsure what to do about the competing WB topics! Could we somehow resume Afterbirth, but after it wraps up head back on over to Wrath?

R

roytheshort

Run the games in parallel. That would be insane and ruin the timeline even more.

P

ParodyKnaveBob

Sooooooooooo, you're saying it'd be like Pocket Monsters Red and Pocket Monsters Green? $:^ b (lol)

R

roytheshort

Ok, so here's how it would work. Both Game Owners would have to be Players in each other's game, then they will have to both try and open portals to the other Universe on the same turn and be successful. (Since otherwise they would just be generating fake copies of each other's universe. If Owner 1 is in Universe 2 and he tries to open a portal. He won't know whether to include this in Universe 1 since he doesn't control the rolls in Universe 2.) Rolls would be determined by origin universe, as has been done when other non-other game universes are introduced. So Bucketface 1 from Universe 1 goes into Universe 2, Bucketface 1's actions are controlled by Owner 1. Owner 2 controls Bucketface 2. Updates then have to be syncronised between owners everytime there's a cross universe interaction. I mean, it's easy stuff, come on guys, catch up.

upload_2016-6-26_19-59-45.png

R

rougebare

I'd be considering Wrath as the sequel, while things may ripple forward and effect Wrath, (like the final few actions of Rebirth ripped into Aftermath), I'd be considering anything happening in Wrath as the future. I would have preferred to have been asked, or at least for it not to have been assumed that Aftermath was just finished. I have no problems with Wrath occurring, it's more that slightly annoying about the when. Still, I would like to try and at least wrap up Aftermath.

EDIT: To clairfy my stance, I'm not fond of the idea of multiple "universes" going in tandem, but I'm a little annoyed i didn't at least get a chance to wrap up Aftermath.

Lukasmah

I'd be considering Wrath as the sequel, while things may ripple forward and effect Wrath, (like the final few actions of Rebirth ripped into Aftermath), I'd be considering anything happening in Wrath as the future. I would have preferred to have been asked, or at least for it not to have been assumed that Aftermath was just finished. I have no problems with Wrath occurring, it's more that slightly annoying about the when. Still, I would like to try and at least wrap up Aftermath.

EDIT: To clairfy my stance, I'm not fond of the idea of multiple "universes" going in tandem, but I'm a little annoyed i didn't at least get a chance to wrap up Aftermath.
Well, this pretty much sums it up. After finding out she did it on her own, I thought "Why didn't she ask him about his game?".

I hope you'll do it soon, because I'd like to edit my action so it fits the end of the universe.

Ninety

Hm. I had assumed Rougebare had handed over WB for a fresh start. This does complicate things a bit...

The thing is, unlike normal forum games, WB is more formally run and iterations are generally discussed by players and game masters (whatever they're called). In all fairness, Rougebare wasn't around and we heard nothing about Aftermath once the new forum arrived, but perhaps more communication would have been better.

I don't have a solution for this, though.

P

ParodyKnaveBob

One solution, just fwiw, is that Aura can say, "oh! whoops, my mistake, please close thread (at *least* for now anyway)," and maybe even become a player if rougebare has an opening. I realize Aura might not 100% enjoy this idea, but the good news is that the first update hasn't even happened yet, right? $:^ ] A few people started posting actions, initially not even realizing what had happened, and here we are, right at the beginning before anything major. Right? $:^ ]

A

Aura

Yeah. My mistake. I hadn't checked the topics after the forum upgrade news came and the game wasn't being updated anymore, so didn't know about @rougebare's plans. So I apologize for spoiling them. ~~'

You can recontinue the last iteration (and hopefully I am allowed to join). I'll take down WB:W and recontinue it when the universe of your iteration ends. ^^'

(And I hope that's fine to rest of you?)

S

Snail Man

rougebare said:
Lon
Health: 15
Kills/Deaths: 0/0
You rolled a 4
Home: Bridge Hideout.
Inventory: Mega-roll Token, Semi-sticky Homing Boomerang-ball, Spell Card: Nehemek's Friend, Leaking "WB4" box.

You panic and inhabit the robot's body, and direct the broomstick downwards, and you feel a thud on the broomstick as your invisible body lands on the broom.
For convenience here are the Laws of Nature currently in effect:
The Laws of Nature:
  • The Law of the Artist: Drawing an Update, and posting it in the Discussion topic will grant +1 to your next roll.

R

rougebare

Snail beat me to it there, but additionally a reminder that this is a continuation of the previous Aftermath in the old forums. This is particularly towards @Mercerenies in fairness though.

R

rougebare

It seems like you're treating the universe as a new one, when it's a continuation. It's not a wrong action per sae, it just feels... out of place.

P

ParodyKnaveBob

Merc's description of feelings of universe confusion etc. is wonderful. $:^ ] However, yeah, the last thing Sean was up to was creating a Sean Rainbow.

EDIT: Well, that, and he was conjuring the end of the other GMC. Looks like that action got through all right.

M

MikeDark_x

welp... it seems that the game was already started and the spots filled from the previous forum... I should've checked first... at least I wrote a wall of text :^)

Welp... hmm hello, it's been a while