Wiz-Fantastical: A 2D Platformer with Metroidvania elements

ReidDC

Hello Hello everyone, Welcome to Wiz-fantastical, a game about saving your pet dog from an Evil Wizard.
Simple, yet a bit more complex then this. The game mostly focuses on jumping, dodging, collecting, and of course, casting magic spells you find through out the world. The goal is simple, I wanted to make a game where you could have fun with the world around you. Meaning,

Exploration
, which uncover secrets and loot.

Magic
, which can be used on each other to create different and unique types of magic powers.

And an alive Environment that makes you feel like your apart of the game. (aka Characters to interact with and animals that roam the world.)

Anyways, Here's some screenshots to show you the current state of the game. Hope to have a demo out sooner then later. But no promises on when that's coming out.

Cheers!

bandicam 2018-12-18 09-22-54-133.jpg

bandicam 2018-12-18 09-23-06-702.jpg

bandicam 2018-12-18 09-25-16-620.jpg

Last edited:

ReidDC

One More post, and it's about the magic in Wiz-Fantastical.
Magic types serve different purposes, Such as the
Bubble,
which allows you to bounce on it to reach higher places.
While the
Fire Ball deals damage to enemies!

bandicam 2018-12-19 12-05-19-680.gif

But combine them together and you get a
explosion that is
able to break walls and deal a great deal of damage.

bandicam 2018-12-19 12-10-45-750.gif

ReidDC

Hello guys! This is less of a development post and more of a question, although I have to say the game is coming along quite well.
In the gif you see the same book but, ones spinning and another glowing, and I was just wondering which you liked more.
bandicam 2019-01-12 08-05-13-161.gif

ReidDC

I'm getting back into this project as of late, working on getting a demo out. Kinda taking a break from my other projects. Anyways, here's some pics of the Lava biome Iv'e been working on, its probably 40% complete at the moment. That's it for now hopefully more to show soon!

Cheers :)

bandicam 2019-12-15 13-41-43-008.jpg bandicam 2019-12-15 13-39-31-977.jpg bandicam 2019-12-15 13-41-34-524.jpg

Hello guys! This is less of a development post and more of a question, although I have to say the game is coming along quite well.
In the gif you see the same book but, ones spinning and another glowing, and I was just wondering which you liked more.
View attachment 22780
Why not both? I also like the spinning animation, but theres also no reason you cant also have it glowing.

ReidDC

Well, it's been a while since my last post, but I've been going through a dilemma that has to do with redoing the graphics. And I think I'm leaning towards redoing. It might be a while since I post next, just wanted to give an update and give you a taste of what the graphics will look like to some extent.

Here is a before and after of the main character in the game, Old on the left and redone on the right. Cheers!
bandicam 2020-01-23 22-48-22-047.jpg

ReidDC

Hey guys, just letting you know the games been going well, Graphics have been the main reason for the lack of updates, having to redo all the sprites is time consuming and exhausting, but worth it.
Also the first level is fleshed out entirely, just needs some finishing touches and I can move on to the rest of the game. Anyways, here's some screenshots for you all, hope you like it.

Cheers! šŸ˜Œ

bandicam 2020-05-20 22-18-04-259.jpg
bandicam 2020-05-20 22-19-14-985.jpg