• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion With Game Maker Studio 2 and all exports bought can I make a .exe game that can save other formats?

Let's say for example a working LG phone game file is
.tornado

If I get Game Maker Studio 2 and I make a .exe game
can I make it to where that .exe level editor game
save a game as
.tornado
so that the game can be transferred over to an LG phone
and be played?

gnysek

Um... EXE is for Windows. Only. It's not working this way that you rename MP3 file to JPG and it magically became a image.
If you talking about game working on LG, then first question is - what OS it have? If it's Android - then you need to buy Android exporter. If it's other - sorry, probably it's not possible.

S

Storyteller

I think he is asking if you can load custom file extensions such as you have a game "MyCoolGame"
you want to have "someLevel.MyGameLevelFormat"

can GM make a game/program/app, that opens and saves to 'xxx.MyGameLevelFormat"

at least I think that is the case, and I want to say 'yes', or at least you could at one point. not sure about lately.

gnysek

You can save files in sandbox (so program can save it's own files, but cannot open those not saved by itself). Read more in manual.