• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Wings Of Bluestar [2D horizontal hand painted Shmup]+Demo

R

Rick Wade

Love the art style! Definitely has that 90's anime feel to it!

CMAllen

I noticed that the game lacks on the clouds department, so I decided to redo all of them clouds backgrounds. Here's the first attemps:
New:

View attachment 19868
Old:
View attachment 19869
Even older:
View attachment 19870
Maybe it's just me, but I kind liked the atmosphere in these older ones, too. The new one is brighter and clearer, and that's great. But the older ones were darker or hazier, which isn't 'worse.' Just different. The oldest one even looks like it has some heat distortions going on, which, coupled with the overwhelming glare, makes it look like a desert (and with the old tech around, not unlike Jakku).

S

Shinu Real Arts

Insane graphics. Looks really good. Will definitely give the demo a try :)

Great work!
Thanks!

Love the art style! Definitely has that 90's anime feel to it!
Thanks! glad you like it.

Maybe it's just me, but I kind liked the atmosphere in these older ones, too. The new one is brighter and clearer, and that's great. But the older ones were darker or hazier, which isn't 'worse.' Just different. The oldest one even looks like it has some heat distortions going on, which, coupled with the overwhelming glare, makes it look like a desert (and with the old tech around, not unlike Jakku).
Thanks for the feedback. You certainly got a point here. I'll try something different and see if I can create the same old clouds and improve them.

S

Shinu Real Arts

yuri talking.gif
Hello everyone!! it's time for some updates over here!
Latest addition to the game is this little ship launch intro. I'm planning to have a different one for each stage:
fgfgfgf.jpg

Hmmm what else? oh yeh I reduced the saturation on the backgrounds of the first stage:
Runner 2018-08-18 13-08-27-15.jpg
Runner 2018-08-18 13-09-05-80.jpg

And finally, work on the 5th stage level design started. Here's the overall process.
And we have a boss concept as well!!
level design + boss.jpg
Alright! guess I'm done here, take care everyone!

S

Shinu Real Arts

Hey guys!!
Long time not seen!

Well I'm back and I have some updates.

First, the 5th stage assets are almost complete, here are some:

hlklkjkh.jpg fgdfgdfgdg.jpg 5646546546556.jpg
grgrrg.jpg

And I changed my mind for the boss, we have a vertical one now:
boss05.jpg

More to come on the next post.

S

Shinu Real Arts

Hey guys! long time not seen.
I was busy working on a new demo for a certain game expo. I'll be releasing it for the public after some tweaks.

Here are some updates on the 5th stage.
The 5th stage backgrounds and assets are all done and coded into the game, I also finished the enemies assets and are ready to be coded into the gameplay. Here are some screenies:

tyryr.jpg sdsdsds.jpg 11111.jpg

eeeeeee.jpg

S

Shinu Real Arts

Hi there everyone! long time not updated here.

Here are some news.

Fist of all, is that the game has now a new composer by the name of Big Impact Sound, they are great. So now we have tons of exclusive soundtracks.

Other than that, the 5th stage is almost done and work on the gameplay of the 5th boss is to be finished soon.

We also decided to use some bloom effects, since people kept asking for it.

Here are some screenies:

This a mini boss for the 5th stage:

snapshot20181118114420.jpg

See some bloom effect on both enemies and players bullets:

snapshot20181118114347.jpg

The 5th boss making its entry, it's huge:

snapshot20181118114042.bmp.jpg

And first battle gameplay against the 5th boss:

987987.jpg

S

Shinu Real Arts

Hi there guys! long time not seen here.

I'm still actively working on my game, it's just too much work to keep updating all those online platforms I'm in.

We have a lot of progress so far. Major ones are the new menus, the 5th stage completed and the 6th stage's visuals almost done.

Here are some screenies:

The new menus

zzzz3.jpg

Screenshots from the 6th stage:

04fr.jpg
ar6_ent0ddd2_2.jpg
mock screen2.jpg
06all.jpg

Well, that's it for this update. I'll post a video of the new menu later.

And I'll try to release a new updated demo as well.

S

Shinu Real Arts

Ah forgot to share those:

New poster for the game:

wob poster 2019.jpg

And a speed paint:

S

SamSam

Hi @Shinu Real Arts,

I downloaded your demo and I think your art is crazy ! The film is very engaging and what I have been able to see is really beautiful.
There is just one thing I noticed about this part : you made the rotating shield in 3D so it stands out against the rest, but maybe in a weird way.

In the menu, at first I found a bit counter-intuitive the fact that when I hit the down key, I go to the above menu and vice versa, but if it is a deliberate choice I find it fine.

The only real problem I had is that I haven't been able to play the game ^^. When I launch arcade mode, I am asked to choose a character but I can not confirm. I tried all the keys of my keyboard and mouse, and to launch the game in admin mode (no idea why I did that), but nope. I was using windows7 x64. Maybe I can try on another Os like Debian ?

Anyway I will follow your project with attentively!

S

Shinu Real Arts

Hi @Shinu Real Arts,

I downloaded your demo and I think your art is crazy ! The film is very engaging and what I have been able to see is really beautiful.
There is just one thing I noticed about this part : you made the rotating shield in 3D so it stands out against the rest, but maybe in a weird way.

In the menu, at first I found a bit counter-intuitive the fact that when I hit the down key, I go to the above menu and vice versa, but if it is a deliberate choice I find it fine.

The only real problem I had is that I haven't been able to play the game ^^. When I launch arcade mode, I am asked to choose a character but I can not confirm. I tried all the keys of my keyboard and mouse, and to launch the game in admin mode (no idea why I did that), but nope. I was using windows7 x64. Maybe I can try on another Os like Debian ?

Anyway I will follow your project with attentively!
Thanks a lot for downloading the demo and trying the game. I also appreciate your liking of the visuals.

Yeah that the only 3D element in the, but I painted over the model. Maybe I'll create a full 2D one if this one looks out of place.

Got the same feedback for the menu screen, so I'll be reversing the controls.
As for not being able to chose a character and start the game, it has nothing with the OS, you most have hit "OK" on the control select screen when the game was launched for the first time (it won't appear a 2nd time because it saves). On that screen, the pre-selected control mode is gamepad. You can go to the option and from 'Player 1 controls' select one of the 3 keyboard controls available.

This is the primary control selection screen that you most have clicked:

50011291_365760484157012_6998490453955837952_n.jpg

The game options have a lot of controls to select from:

7895412313.jpg

Hope you enjoy this demo. I'm looking forward to more feedback.

S

Shinu Real Arts

Hello guys!! long time not seen here, but I'm back with some updates.

Here are some new footage of the 5th boss battle

And a new demo is to be released soon, it'll offer the 2 players mode and also a new stage to play.
Hope I can count on you for feedback and bug reports.

ddddsss (2).jpg

And here is the new character select screen for the two players mode:

With this said, I'm off. More updates to come later.

S

Shinu Real Arts

Hi there everyone!!

fdsgsdfg.jpg

Haven't posted here in a while, not because of the lack of content, but rather the other way around; I was super duper busy working on stuff

So, here are the major updates on the game:

Biggest update is that I just released a new demo:

Offering:

- A new playable character/ship.
- An additional (and super hard) stage (stage 4).
- A two players local mode.
- A new animated short launch scene.

Looking forward for your feedback on the demo!!

sdsdsdsdsdzeg.jpg