• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

SOLVED Windows UWP trying to test on xbox can't connect..

I have the gms uwp version.

I have installed visual studio 2017 with all the necessary custom packages. followed the guides on yoyo.

When i press the play button it say :

Cannot connect to my : XBOXONE:11443
tried with the ip also: 192.168.1.204:11443
in gamemaker.

tried to package as X64 and still getting the error that cannot connect to xboxone:11443

But:
I can connect to xbox using ""192.168.1.204:11443"" in the browser.

It work with or without authentication "" name or password ""

Please help!

gnysek

It doesn't work with password for sure, there is already bug about it. If it works on browser, all should be OK then. Maybe just remove and add device in device manager on IDE again (sometimes it caches password). Remember to not use login/pass.

rIKmAN

I have tried what you suggested and still no go... View attachment 32758
Is 11443 the actual port number listed in the Dev Portal, or have you just copied it from the guide?
Check it and change it if necessary.

Same with port 50443 from the guide - mine was different once setup and needed to be changed.

Also switch off any firewalls or software that might be blocking the connection just to rule it out as the issue.

Last edited:
... Ok..

in dev mode on the xbox it say connect to 192.168.1.204:11443

If the port is wrong how can i connect in browser then?

trying now closing all other software and firewall.