• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows UWP Compilation Errors

M

MineAndCraft12

So I got GM:S on the Humble Bundle and proceeded to use my new liscenses to export my games as Windows, HTML5, and UWP formats...

Windows .exe and HTML5 worked great, but I've been having lots of issues with UWP...

After lots of fixing, I've managed to use Visual Studio to build the required blank apps, and to ensure the SDK is detected AND to make sure that the manifest certificate is correct. Now I'm getting a different compile error...

SignTool Error: An error occurred while attempting to sign: C:\Users\Aaron\Desktop\IndyCar\uwp\final\indycar.aaronadams_1.0.0.0\indycar.aaronadams.com cmd /c "Powershell -executionpolicy unrestricted "& 'C:\Users\Aaron\Desktop\IndyCar\uwp\final\indycar.aaronadams_1.0.0.0\\Add-AppDevPackage.ps1'" "

Error: No package or bundle found in the script directory. Please make sure the package or bundle you want to install is placed in the same directory as this script.

Any assistance here? I've spent a fair number of hours on this issue, and every time I fix some issue, another one crops up. This one has left me utterly stumped. Since it's a missing file issue, here's the output of the compile attempt that the compiler just left there after the error.
upload_2016-9-18_19-45-19.png

M

MineAndCraft12

That's right, there are two backslashes there; and those were put in by the compiler. Would this mean, then, that this issue is brought about by GameMaker's compiler system and not my own issue?

D

deathmint

I'm same problem. two backslashes in the path.

this issue is solved???

M

MineAndCraft12

Issue persists... I had a vacation for a week, completely forgot about the thread I put here... I should probably contact YoYo about this one... feels like a GameMaker error to me...

rIKmAN

Can you compile using the default certificates on a clean project?
Are Windows 10 and Visual Studio up to date?

UWP compiles fine for me on Desktop and XB1, but I just use the default certificates and have not tried to add my own yet, so that may be the issue?

camerakid

Anyone ever got with any solution to this? Getting the same error and I can see the double \\ too. Really no idea how to solve this. :-////////////////