• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Windows UWP Ads - How?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AtmaVegeta

Does anyone know to implement ads into Windows UWP apps? It doesn't seem to work like before (non-UWP) and I can't find any information on getting it to work with Gamemaker now.

Thanks!

RizbIT

He wasnt told, he was advised. Well one would hope that in that 18 months someone would have resolved the issue and answered or added the functionality to do so maybe..im just saying.

The thing with support tickets is that its takes several days if you lucky to get a responses and then you have to go back and forth with responses to any solution.

The whole point of forum is freedom of speech and to get fast response from other like minded peopl so it offends me when people tell me otherwise

K

Kurtis

This ^^, along with the fact that this is a community support forum.

Might as well close the forums and put a static page saying 'Contact the helpdesk' ;)

rIKmAN

He wasnt told, he was advised. Well one would hope that in that 18 months someone would have resolved the issue and answered or added the functionality to do so maybe..im just saying.

The thing with support tickets is that its takes several days if you lucky to get a responses and then you have to go back and forth with responses to any solution.

The whole point of forum is freedom of speech and to get fast response from other like minded peopl so it offends me when people tell me otherwise
I don't see why you'd be offended, you said yourself in the other thread that you couldn't find any information on it so your best course of action would seem to be contacting the helpdesk as they seem to be the only people that would know based on your lack of search results.

Of course you are more than welcome to dig up every 1yr+ old thread and ask the same question to people who also never got an answer, but you'd probably be waiting longer than you would for a definitive response from support.

This ^^, along with the fact that this is a community support forum.

Might as well close the forums and put a static page saying 'Contact the helpdesk' ;)
Not quite, he has said himself he can find no information on it and has had to dig up this 18mth old thread from the OP who hasn't even been on the forum in 2mths and in which the advice given was to contact support. If there was information available or being discussed he would have found it in his searches, but he hasn't.

In that case the best answer (which was given above) is to contact support, as they are the people who will be able to give a definite answer to his question with zero guessing or ambiguity.

K

Kurtis

In that case the best answer (which was given above) is to contact support, as they are the people who will be able to give a definite answer to his question with zero guessing or ambiguity.
As I said, we should close the forums and pound the help desk.

rIKmAN

As I said, we should close the forums and pound the help desk.
For things where the community are unable to answer, and haven't in what seems like 18mths then yeah you should ask the helpdesk.

What else do you suggest?

K

Kurtis

There is always a 'first ever' question. We can't direct everyone to the help desk.

You'd hope that in 18 months that the OP and/or others may have gained this knowledge and is willing to share it.

rIKmAN

There is always a 'first ever' question. We can't direct everyone to the help desk.

You'd hope that in 18 months that the OP and/or others may have gained this knowledge and is willing to share it.
I'm not sure why you being a smart arse and acting like I'm telling him to contact the helpdesk because he doesn't understand how variables work, if that's what you took from my response then I'm not sure what to say.

If he wants to wait and hope that others have gained the knowledge and are willing to share then he's free to make a thread and wait for a response, but based on the complete lack of information anywhere on the issue in the last 18mths and that the UWP export isn't a commonly owned export then my advice would be to contact the helpdesk as that would be where he would get the most concrete solution to his issue.

Either way, based of his search results he is going to end up waiting, so why not get the information from the horses mouth?

K

Kurtis

Either way, based of his search results he is going to end up waiting, so why not get the information from the horses mouth?
Exactly...

Like from the person who contacted the help desk 18 months ago perhaps?

The personal attacks are not necessary.

rIKmAN

Exactly...

Like from the person who contacted the help desk 18 months ago perhaps?
The person that last visited the forum 2mths ago?
Yeah he can just sit and hope he comes back and has all the answers if that's what he'd rather do.

Like I said, he's free to wait for a response or he can contact the helpdesk, or do both.
Even if that person comes back before the helpdesk gives an answer, they will still be able to give him the most accurate resolution to his question and confirm what he may learn in the meantime.

Contacting the helpdesk for an issue that isn't / cannot be answered by the community in no way equates to "pounding the helpdesk".

That's my advice to him, he can take it or leave it.

K

Kurtis

Contacting the helpdesk for an issue that isn't / cannot be answered by the community in no way equates to "pounding the helpdesk".
So you are speaking for the whole community?

You can vouch that all 24,000 users do not know the answer to this question?

rIKmAN

So you are speaking for the whole community?

You can vouch that all 24,000 users do not know the answer to this question?
All 24k users on here (1) own the UWP export, (2) have experience using the UWP export and (3) have experience implementing ads in UWP?

Do they really?
No I thought not...that number is way less - probably why the last person got advised to contact the helpdesk - because it's a bit of niche issue.

You are just arguing for the sake of it...what is your point exactly - you want to being a guardian of helpdesk enquiries?
What is your problem with contacting the helpdesk for what is essentially a niche problem that may / may not be answered by a user, and even if it is won't be a definitive 100% bulletproof answer like he will get from the helpdesk?

As I said, do both, I'm not sure why you are getting your panties in a twist?

K

Kurtis

Memo to self - Redirect ALL questions to the help desk. Don't trust in what knowledge the community might have.

rIKmAN

Memo to self - Redirect ALL questions to the help desk. Don't trust in what knowledge the community might have.
Spot on kiddo!

You win. :rolleyes:

But yeah please take your own advice, it'll keep your inane posts off the forum

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Okay, so, closing this. Please do NOT necro bump topics like this... chances are that if there has been no extra info given in the topic after more than 6 months, then the chances are that the topic is dead and never going to get a reply from the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.