Windows Update Stop Issues [SOLVED -- closed by request]

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ethian

Greetings...

Well, i was using my new computer (And it is Windows 10, and it always was even when i was playing Undertale) until i felt sick of what makes Windows Update to my computer, make me no work on much time (It annoys me!) well, i do all the necesary that is supposed to make Windows Update don't make what made to my computer amymore (Go to Services Manager, find Windows Update and make the Service be on "Disabled" then shut down), the problem here is when i connect to the internet also to get help here, the Windows Update service goes to "Manual" automatically, then run again! then makes my computer be unusable by the rest of the day, and i got naturally worried about my computer because i just want to work! (Sorry, i guess i like to work and i feel like i born to work...)

Can you help me to make the Windows Update service be disabled forever? And don't make it return to Manual to run again, anymore? Please?!

E

ethian

Ah! i forgot to say, what does when Windows Update's service goes to Manual automatically and runs again nowadays is: summon the Windows 10 Update Assistant instead of what i said... it's also annoying for me... help, please?

slojanko

I don't understand what you said above but WuB blocks both the Windows Update service and the Windows Update Medic Service. For me they can't be activated in any way until the blocker is enabled.

M

MirthCastle

Is this Windows 10 Home or Pro by the way? Some of your options are limited with home edition.

Do not, under any circumstance turn off or disable Windows Update, unless it is crashing your PC.. in that case set it to pause (only on pro)

That gives you a few days to get drivers and the like updated, check readyforwindows.com to see if an app is causing the crashing... in that case update the app or remove it, or wait for the app to update through its own channels. Once done, UnPause the Updates.

You can set restart and work hours to prevent restarts if your using the computer.

More than likely you are seeing the 1803 if you are on Semi Annual Channel (pro only) as it was released within the last week. You can also defer (only on pro) upgrades for a few days push back like 4-5 days till Saturday\Sunday from Patch Tuesday (second Tuesday of every month).

EG: Set for a date\time you're probably not using it.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MirthCastle

Click in the bottom left of screen (search-bar) and type: winver --- then press enter

E

ethian

Hey! it's just search how to make Windows 10 Update Assistant don't summon anymore and make the Windows Update service on the Services.msc be disabled forever without auto-restart anymore! (Googling for the solution to those problems (Fortunadely it's able to do it, why i didn't though about this before!) meanwhile waiting for help with those...)
Also, i need to tell, i even had a dream about Windows Update, how is making me furious to destroy my computer and a furious solution quest to how to exterminate it from my computer last night! (What do you think?)

I had saw this one-million-views-video, it includes a thing that makes the Windows Update service be permanently on disabled state! But there's a problem... the thing i'm talking about is actually something called "Local computer policy", and i haven't it on my computer! Some other similar thing with similar purpose, please?
Or...
If you have the v1803 of Windows 10, you're gonna have to get something like a Windows Update Blocker (WoB 1.1). It does exactly what it says.
You can find the download link and how to set it up here: https://www.sordum.org/9470/windows-update-blocker-v1-1/
To make sure it works you can try updating Windows and it should fail after a few seconds.
It can be the solution if i haven't the local computer policy on my computer... I'll try it...

Click in the bottom left of screen (search-bar) and type: winver --- then press enter
Hey! it's for check the version of my Windows 10! I had said it before! It's Windows 10 Home! and i work at home! And both perfectly match! (Wow!)

Hey! It seems Windows Update service doesn't restart anymore... i hope it doesn't restart anymore... otherwise i'll need to use what @slojanko reccomended me to use...

Last edited:
E

ethian

If you have the v1803 of Windows 10, you're gonna have to get something like a Windows Update Blocker (WoB 1.1). It does exactly what it says.
You can find the download link and how to set it up here: https://www.sordum.org/9470/windows-update-blocker-v1-1/
To make sure it works you can try updating Windows and it should fail after a few seconds.
As i'm actually sick of the Windows 10 Update Assistiant, i decided to finally use it... i'll update what it's doing with me here... too...

slojanko

As i'm actually sick of the Windows 10 Update Assistiant, i decided to finally use it... i'll update what it's doing with me here... too...
[Service_List]
; 2=Auto
; 3=Manual
; 4=Disabled
dosvc=2,4
WaaSMedicSvc=3,4

Put this in the ini file where it belongs or if it's called differently on your OS, name it appropriately.

E

ethian

I used the program and Windows Update service is permanently disabled!

But the darn Windows 10 Update Assistiant Still appears! Help me, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.