• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Windows Remote Worker YYC Run Issues

W

Wretched.Dunce

Hello, I'm having trouble running my project with a YYC output from MacOs to Windows. Running as VM works fine, it's only YYC when I get the error code:
Code:
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
   at GMAssetCompiler.Output.LLVM_Windows.(String , Dictionary`2 )
   at GMAssetCompiler.Output.LLVM_Windows..ctor()
   at ..()
   at ..(GMAssets , String )
   at GMAssetCompiler.Program.(GMAssets )
   at GMAssetCompiler.Program.(String[] )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
EXCEPTION FILE - C:\Users\Dak Win\AppData\Local\Temp\99ea777e2493433b8afe0b1a27f9b28e.yyg.saencryptedreport

C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe exited with non-zero status (-532462766)

Error (1) building project with Igor.
This is my first time running YMC so I'm new to this. I followed the GMS guide to setting up a remote worker on windows up to this point where I got stuck.

W

Wretched.Dunce

Could you post the full compiler log?
sure thing!
Code:
Saving project to: /Users/dakota/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/Games/bara game/bara game.yyp
"/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono"  /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.4.366/bin/Igor.exe /rp="/Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.4.366" /user="/Users/dakota/.config/GameMakerStudio2/daknims_2163202" /project="/Users/dakota/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/Games/bara game/bara game.yyp" /cache="/Users/dakota/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE" /of="/var/folders/d2/y339jyb10t33625plb2fqmzc0000gq/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/bara_game_7C6C87D5_YYC/" /tf="/var/folders/d2/y339jyb10t33625plb2fqmzc0000gq/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/bara_game_target_7C6C87D5" /r=YYC /w=10.0.0.44:7653 /config="default" /targetOptions="/Users/dakota/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/bara_game_7ABE235A/targetoptions.json" Remote.Windows Run

Options: /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.4.366/bin/platform_setting_defaults.json
Options: /Users/dakota/.config/GameMakerStudio2/daknims_2163202/local_settings.json
Release build
Options: /Users/dakota/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/bara_game_7ABE235A/targetoptions.json
{ "action" : "FolderSync", "url" : "http://10.0.0.44:7653/", "build_id" : "15498165269270345334" }
Processing:
ReadFileData: File count is 582
remote machine has 582 files
local machine has 575 files

Processing:
ReadFileData: File count is 481
remote machine has 481 files
local machine has 475 files

C:\Program Files\GameMakerStudioRemoteWorker\FolderSync.exe recv 15498165269270345334 "Z:\projects\bara game"Processing:
WriteFileData : File count is 582
File count is 0

C:\Program Files\GameMakerStudioRemoteWorker\FolderSync.exe recv 15498165269270345335 Z:\runtimesProcessing:
WriteFileData : File count is 481
File count is 0

Z:\runtimes\bin\Igor.exe /user="C:\Users\Dak Win\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2Remote\user" /cache="Z:\cache/bara game" /of="Z:\output\15498165269270345334/bara game.win" /tf="Z:\output\15498165269270345334\output.zip" /rp="Z:\runtimes" /project "Z:\projects/bara game/bara game.yyp" /r=YYC /config=default /targetOptions="Z:\cache/targetoptions.json" windows Run
Options: Z:\runtimes\bin\platform_setting_defaults.json
Options: C:\Users\Dak Win\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2Remote\user\local_settings.json
Options: C:\Users\Dak Win\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2Remote\user\local_steam_settings.json

Reading project file....Z:\projects\bara game

Reading project file....Z:\runtimes\BaseProject

Reading config delta 'Z:\projects\bara game\options\main\inherited\options_main.inherited.yy'

finished.

Release build
Options: Z:\cache/bara game\ExtensionOptions.json

OptionsIni
Options: Z:\cache/bara game\PlatformOptions.json
[Compile] Run asset compiler (YYC)

Reading project file....Z:\projects\bara game
Reading project file....Z:\runtimes\BaseProject

Reading config delta 'Z:\projects\bara game\options\main\inherited\options_main.inherited.yy'

finished.

Compile Constants...finished.

Remove DnD...finished.
Compile Scripts...finished.

Compile Objects...finished.
Compile Timelines...finished.
Compile Triggers...finished.
Compile Rooms...finished.
Compile Extensions...finished.
Global scripts...finished.
finished.
collapsing enums.

Final Compile...finished.

Writing Chunk... GEN8
option_game_speed=60
Writing Chunk... OPTN
Writing Chunk... LANG
Writing Chunk... EXTN

Writing Chunk... SOND
Writing Chunk... AGRP
Writing Chunk... SPRT

Writing Chunk... BGND
Writing Chunk... PATH
Writing Chunk... SCPT
Writing Chunk... GLOB
Writing Chunk... SHDR
Writing Chunk... FONT

Writing Chunk... TMLN
Writing Chunk... OBJT
Writing Chunk... ROOM
Writing Chunk... DAFL
Writing Chunk... EMBI
Writing Chunk... TPAGE

Texture Group - Default
Writing Chunk... TGIN
Writing Chunk... STRG
Writing Chunk... TXTR

0 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_0.png...
1 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_1.png...
2 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_2.png...
3 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_3.png...
4 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_4.png...
5 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_5.png...
6 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_6.png...
7 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_7.png...
8 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_8.png...
9 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_9.png...
Writing Chunk... AUDO

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
   at GMAssetCompiler.Output.LLVM_Windows.(String , Dictionary`2 )
   at GMAssetCompiler.Output.LLVM_Windows..ctor()
   at ..()
   at ..(GMAssets , String )
   at GMAssetCompiler.Program.(GMAssets )
   at GMAssetCompiler.Program.(String[] )

EXCEPTION FILE - C:\Users\Dak Win\AppData\Local\Temp\4c0df42f76dc4e249d546c2f2438f2ba.yyg.saencryptedreport

C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe exited with non-zero status (-532462766)

Error (1) building project with Igor.

rIKmAN

Can you compile a fresh empty room project using YYC?
If you can't then you have a problem with your build tools in general which needs fixing.

If so then your issue is project specific, and the YYC compiler is stricter with regards to acceptable syntax than the VM so you may need to go through and "clean up" your project.

1) Make sure you clean the compiler cache (the broom icon at the top of the IDE) between builds, especially when switching between targets and VM and YYC.
2) Make sure your code uses brackets wherever possible (ie. if statements).
3) Make sure you use semi-colons at the end of lines where required.

Depending on how your project is structured and how big it is you may also be able comment out parts of it until it compiles successfully, which will help you narrow down where an issue may be if the general fixes to code structure when using YYC I mentioned above don't help.

W

Wretched.Dunce

Can you compile a fresh empty room project using YYC?
If you can't then you have a problem with your build tools in general which needs fixing.

If so then your issue is project specific, and the YYC compiler is stricter with regards to acceptable syntax than the VM so you may need to go through and "clean up" your project.

1) Make sure you clean the compiler cache (the broom icon at the top of the IDE) between builds, especially when switching between targets and VM and YYC.
2) Make sure your code uses brackets wherever possible (ie. if statements).
3) Make sure you use semi-colons at the end of lines where required.

Depending on how your project is structured and how big it is you may also be able comment out parts of it until it compiles successfully, which will help you narrow down where an issue may be if the general fixes to code structure when using YYC I mentioned above don't help.
aah, that would make sense. I've been pretty lax about my coding, I didn't realize YCC was stricter. Thank you so much, I'll clean up my code and see how that goes.

rIKmAN

aah, that would make sense. I've been pretty lax about my coding, I didn't realize YCC was stricter. Thank you so much, I'll clean up my code and see how that goes.
It'd be worth testing an empty room project first just to make sure it isn't a general build tools issue.

But I would also recommend cleaning up your code and getting into good habits anyway! :)