• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Asset - Extension Windows File Drop DLL

hippyman

A very simple DLL that lets you drag multiple folders and/or files into the game window. Only two functions are needed to use this extension.

This extension doesn't import anything. It only returns the paths of any folders/files dropped into the window.

This is a WINDOWS ONLY extension for Gamemaker Studio and Gamemaker Studio 2.

MARKETPLACE

I'm having issues with uploading the GMS 2 version. So in order to use it in GMS 2 you need to download the GMEZ file from the marketplace and import that in GMS 2.

Last edited:

ZeDuval

I just want to say: I love you, man. I think by now I downloaded every old dll extension still available somewhere. I found everything I looked for and more. File Drop ist the ONLY thing, where I was never able to get an old extension working(tried enough...) and this functionality was really the missing piece. Thank you very much!

hippyman

Thanks for the kind words :)

It's honestly nice to just finally feel like I contributed at least a little bit to extending Gamemaker in some sort of useful way.

If you're interested in the source code, I could upload just uploaded it to Github.

Last edited: