• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX window_set_fullscreen() not working in OSX?

FredFredrickson

Artist, designer, & developer
GMC Elder
Pretty simple really - I have a function in my game that works on Windows, but seems to do nothing when I run it in OS X. The code looks like this:
Code:
if (window_get_fullscreen()){
    window_set_fullscreen(false);
    } else {
    window_set_fullscreen(true);
    }
Weirdly, window_get_fullscreen() seems to think that the game is still actually toggling between fullscreen and not, as inserting debug messages into this code shows that it does, in fact, try to toggle states.

Am I missing something here? Does window_set_fullscreen() not work on OSX? Would appreciate some help!

hogwater

I believe the manual says that in order for this function to...function on OSX the "start in fullscreen" option must be enabled. Something to that effect.

M.S.T.O.P.

I just tested a bunch of different combinations of options in the GGS and I found the ones that allow window_set_fullscreen to work in macOS.

These options must be checked:
  • "Allow the player to resize the window"
  • "Start in fullscreen mode" OR "Allow switching to fullscreen" OR both.
This was tested on both GM:S 1.4.1773 and GMS 2.1.2.257 Runtime 2.1.2.172 with macOS Sierra.